Chapter 4: Crazy In Love pt 1.

Onika's POV

"That'll be be $55.73." I told the lady as I bagged her makeup and handed it to her.

"So you mean to tell me it's been almost 3 months and y'all still aren't dating?" Winter asked me as she rang up the the customer on the register next to me.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you. Nothing changed between us. We're still best friends if that's what you're wondering." I didn't really have time to think about a relationship right now. I was the one who told him no when he asked.

I would be graduating at the end of this month and going straight into cosmetology school right after so I wanted to get all of that squared away so I could really devote myself to him.

"I'm going over there after my shift today though, he said he had big news to share with me." I tell Winter after giving another customer a bag.

"Well have fun with that I'll probably order Chinese and watch How To Get Away With Murder. I'll make sure I save you some."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aubrey's POV

*ding ding*

"Babe somebody's at the door." I heard Nikole my girlfriend yell. I've been trying to get my mind off of Nic since she wants to focus on her school and makeup. We're still close as fuck but it's hard to be just friends with someone that you think you'll have a future with. Nikole is a sweet girl but she's not Onika... her pussy for sure isn't her either.

"Just go get it I'll be down in a second!" I threw on a shirt before heading downstairs.

"I'm Nikole but you can call me Nikki, I'm Aubrey's girlfriend!" I hear Nikole tell whoever's at the door.

"Oh... umm hi I'm Onika most people call me Nicki... where is Aubrey exactly?" Fuck I thought she was coming over later. It's not that I was hiding Nikole from Nic I was just scared of how she would respond after our encounter.

"I'm right here hey Nic. I thought you were coming over later." The look on her face was chilling.

"Well I got off early to come see you and hear your big news but since you have company I'll just see you later. Bye Aubrey" I watched her as the tears started welling in her eyes before she walked to her car.

Truthfully speaking Nikole wasn't supposed to get this far. I don't have any feelings for her at all and she hasn't helped me get over Nicki one bit.

I knew Onika was hurt and won't talk to me for a while so I might as well break the news on instagram and hope she see's it.