Chapter 8: Changes

Aubrey's POV

After I explained to Onika what happened she had calmed down a little bit. She's more so worried about how this was going to affect me. We fly back out to Houston tomorrow and I would've loved for her to meet my mother but that's going to have to wait.

We were back at the hotel packing up just having small talk.

"You know my birthday is coming up in a week." Nicki said with a smirk.

"Of course how could I forget. What do you wanna do?" I asked her handing her more clothes.

"Honestly I just want a nice dinner with family and friends." She tells me.

"You know it's about to get harder to go out to places without paparazzi being there since your modeling taking off." That was one of the concerns I had for her because I know how she likes her privacy.

"Yeah I know but it's time to break out of my shell. Pretty Cosmetics called and said they want me on the cover of their magazine and I think I'm gonna do a lingerie shoot." I looked at her surprised.

"Gone show everyone what I've been fucking." I joke with her as she hit me with the pillow.

"Shut up Aubrey. Everyone thinks I'm so sweet and Barbie like and I need to show them I can do more than look innocent. It'll get me more opportunities if I show I'm versatile." I understood what she was saying I just didn't want her to feel like she needed to be naked to get some money.

"Besides you need to worry about this cocaine issue that you have going on."

"I feel you." I wrap my arms around before continuing to speak.

"Let's take a shower." I say lowly in her ear.

"Let's fuck in the shower." She said back before kissing me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look y'all my best bitch is back after disappearing for four days!" Winter yelled in the camera as she recorded me on Snapchat.

"Y'all add me on the snap at princessonika, thank you!" I shout before she ends the video.

"How does it feel to be back?" She asks taking one last bite of her salad. We just finished our last class of the day and we're waiting to go to work.

"It feels good. I miss being in front of the camera though. I felt like I was on cloud nine that day." I chuckle thinking about it.

We got up to throw our food away when I heard a familiar voice.

"I don't care what you have to do to get in that stash but do it! You did it last time. Nigga if I have to come down to Memphis to do it myself then mother fucker I will! We're making bank off this but sending Drake's light skinned ass to jail will be the best part." Fucking snake nigga. I always knew Aaron was bitch and I let him off the hook but now he's dealing with my boyfriend and his life.

"Bitch did he just say Drake!" Winter can't be quite for shit.

"Yes! Shh before he hears you!" I whisper for Winter to shut up.

"Well I recorded it. You need to call Aubrey now." We turn and go the back way to our dorms and to my surprise Aubrey was there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And then he was like sending your light skin ass to jail will be the best part. Here listen for yourself." Winter played it back and Aubrey looked pissed.

"I'm angry as fuck right now because this means somebody is slipping over in Memphis. I'll be right back I gotta call Oliver." He walked out the dorm slamming the door behind him.

"So you really fuck with my boy?" Chubbs spoke up. This is the first time he's actually ever talked to me really.

"Yeah I love him. Did you want a slice of pizza?" I ask him going to the kitchen.

"Ugh yeah get me two pepperoni thanks." He takes off his shoes before speaking again. " I like you. I think you're good for him. He's been trying to change. You just gotta give him time this is all he knows. He's starting to see that there's more to life than selling drugs. We all are."

"I'm just worried for him you know? My older brother died from selling drugs and being in a gang when I was 13 and I never want to experience losing somebody close to me that I love like that again." I say wiping away some tears. It's still emotional for me to talk about.

"After this shit gets solved I'll make sure that we find some people to take over. I'm sure you want kids and you don't wanna be like me bringing a child into an environment where one of the parents is a drug lord." Chubbs tells me and I get up to give him a hug.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nicki and Chubbs finally have a conversation.

VOTE and COMMENT

I didn't proof read this so excuse any errors.

KIKI