8

I was expecting something bad. But definitely not this.

The childish part of me was expecting Harry to burst into laughter telling me it was a joke and that oh! I should've seen the look on my face.

A few seconds ago I had been worried about him, looking at his bloodstained shirt, his shivering body and ghastly face, he seemed hopeless and broken. But, with the twist of his words, everything that had made him vulnerable now had turned him shady.

There had to be an explanation. I wanted to beg him for one. But he didn't say anything, he just observed me, as if he was judging my reaction.

There was one. "Did you run over someone?" It was raining outside and it was not hard to find Harry drinking on a Friday night.

He sighed and closed his eyes. When he opened them they were filled with sadness.

"Adam" he stepped closer, his voice was barely a whisper "I'm telling you this because you're the only person I trust. I killed someone. It wasn't an accident."

He had confessed, but I bet my face gave away my disbelief, because after staring at me for a second, Harry's eyes flickered with impatience. He swallowed, and the next time he spoke, he pronounced every words painfully slow.

"I- killed a person. It was my fault."

The news hit me like a bucket of cold water. I couldn't voluntary move my body, and yet, I was shivering.

"Adam, I need you to help me." Pleaded Harry.

"With what?"

"To get rid of the body."