Chapter Seven

I was greeted by a different climate compared to the Moon's, the air entering my chest being foreign to me.

'Oxygen', was what they called it?

That sudden, sole question made me realize the journey I was about to get into – I was about to enter an entirely different location, full of terms and customs I was more than unaware of.

The warmth of the inactive gemstone in my hand, however, soon brought me back to the reality of my situation.

My Pearl was still in danger, and I had to find a way to heal her soon.

Venturing further into Earth, I observed the grass below my feet – something White told me was essential for the well-being of the humans at our zoo. Looking to my right, I could spot another object that was vital for their survival: a tree, its leaves shaking with the soft wind blowing through them.

To my left, I witnessed a few yellow, winged creatures – birds, from what I could comprehend – swimming on top of a body of water, their beaks emitting loud 'quacks' from them.

Next to the body of water stood what appeared to be another plant – this one covered in flowers, unlike the tree I'd spotted earlier.

Finding the desolate area to be a good place to lay my Pearl in, I walked over to that location and slowly settled her gemstone down on the grass – next to the water, being cautious not to push her into it by accident.

Carefully, I knelt down in front of it and cupped some of the clear liquid in my hands, proceeding to pour some of it – little by little – over my Pearl's injured gemstone, rubbing at it with the cloth of my shirt afterwards.

I could feel hope take over my chest as I saw her shimmer – if only just a bit.

Determined, I cupped more water in my hands and continued to follow that same procedure, stopping after three more attempts. Her gemstone was finally shining enough for it to be considered healthy and vibrant again.

It appeared as if all those years she'd been trapped in a bubble had dampened her glow. Now that I looked at it more closely and with more scrutiny, it seemed like her gemstone had become much brighter – instead of the dull, dim appearance it constantly seemed to show due to her crack.

Ready to continue on with the next step, I held her gem in my hands, closing my eyes for a second time before I hid it away completely in between my palms. I began to hum, searching for my focus as I breathed in deeply, imagining as if I were underwater – as if I were floating in the sky.

Warmth began to envelope my hands as well as the gemstone, allowing me some reassurance to keep on with healing her crack.

My focus increased as I waited for the crack to be completely sealed, wishing it would not result like it did on the Moon Base.

I tried not to let that thought get to me as I waited – the wait feeling twice as long without my Pearl by my side.

Some time passed until I was finally able to retire my hands away from her gemstone, noticing how she was now beginning to form – her physical state was beginning to form itself again, causing for joy to take over my thoughts as I waited anxiously for her to finally speak again.

"My Diamond?"

Her words were promptly interrupted by the faint ruffling of grass and the sound of footsteps coming to a halt, causing me to turn to the noise and come across what appeared to be a human boy – the most concerning matter being the uniform he carried.

He seemed to be the same boy I'd spotted by the Moon Base.