Chapter Twenty-Six

Third Person POV

While (Y/N) was resting in the safety and comfort of Steven's home – it being a temporary change from staying at her apartment until she was able to recover – everyone else went to see Black Pearl and Steven for the details on the fight with Malachite – It was most surprising for them to hear about how the fusion calmed down in the Diamond's presence.

"So, let me get this straight. . . Malachite just calmed down suddenly for (Y/N)?"Amethyst asked, staring at both Steven and the other Pearl, not knowing what to believe since they were all aware over Malachite and her rising temper.

Even they recalled the struggle when Lapis tried to keep Jasper in her hold, not wanting for her to get anywhere near the boy and cause harm to his planet.

"Yeah!" The boy exclaimed, grinning brightly at her as he sat down next to her on the sandy floor of the beach, having taken this conversation outside to allow (Y/N) some rest and quiet. "I couldn't see much from the surface, but they were in this dream-like state. . . Malachite stopped thrashing around. . . And then (Y/N) talked with them both separately! I didn't hear much, since I didn't wanna butt in – But they were talking about something important."

The Gems surrounding him exchanged glances as they thought over the meaning behind the word 'important'. Steven continued to tell them about the few things he'd witnessed, moving over to how she confronted Jasper and how it all came to an end. After he was finished talking, the Crystal Gems focused their gazes on BP, who was inquired over the same matter.

"I did not witness anything else aside from what Steven has told us." She replied, clasping her hands together as she looked back at the house, her worry over the state of Her Diamond showing through her restless movements.

She looked down at her feet, lips pressed into a tight line as she tried to make memory of any additional details Steven could have forgotten.

"I apologize." BP spoke again, looking up at them as her hands balled up into fists, trying to control her emotions. "My mind feels blurry at the moment."

She didn't wish to tell them she was worried over Her Diamond, so she instead came up with the excuse that she felt overwhelmed by everything she'd seen happen with Malachite.

***

After the pair finished with their side of the story, (Y/N) had woken up from her nap, a brief sense of relief taking over her body as she looked at her surroundings in a daze, trying to make sense of where she was laying at. Her unfocused vision started to clear out and she took in that she was back at Steven's home, though she heard the faint murmurs of the conversation as she slowly started to stand up, letting a yawn leave her lips. The noise had alerted everyone standing outside, leading them to enter the living room with their gaze shifted towards the Diamond immediately – She saw Black Pearl come over quickly to her side and the evident concern still expressed on her features.

A well rest seemed to have her feeling quite better as she glanced at her gemstone, which was back to its usual hue – the only thing still yet to recover being her powers far having used them for a task as big as trying to separate a fusion.

"My Diamond. . . Are you alright?" (Y/N) glanced over at her Pearl while moving her hand to give an affectionate pat to her head, ruffling her hair a little bit as a giggle escaped from her mouth.

"I wonder if I should ask if you're okay?" She gaze at Black Pearl intently, even in her sleep she always sensed when her emotions were tense and guilt – not something else seemed to be there like she felt useless.