CHAPTER III

CHAPTER III | Amati Animo Animato Animagus

"Ah, Odessa Orlova. Take a seat next to Sirius Black, please." Professor Mopsus greeted Odessa when she walked into the Divination classroom alone.

You would expect one to be slightly freaked out at how a blind man could identify them the moment they stepped foot in the room. However, the students at Hogwarts soon got used to the Divination professor's unsettling ways and Odessa was long past wondering how he always recognised who was around him.

Odessa nodded, but quickly remembered that he couldn't see and instead responded with, "Yes, Professor. Lovely summer, I hope."

The mischievous, long-haired boy sat in the back right corner of the classroom, watching Odessa as she made her way over to him. She dropped her crystal ball and copy of The Dream Oracle onto the round table and sat beside him.

Sirius looked up at his new desk mate with a coy smile. "I saw you nod at him."

"Oh, hush. Why do you sit at the back when it would actually be easier to cause mischief at the front of the classroom?" Odessa responded, starting to organise her things. There was still five minutes before the lesson was due to start and the classroom was mostly empty.

"That man gives me the serious creeps." Sirius shivered. "I prefer to sit as far away from him as possible. Where are your friends?"

"They went up to the dorms at the beginning of break. I don't want to think about what they're doing..." Odessa shivered at the thought of what her friends could be up to. She made a mental note to not sleep in Pandora's bed that night.

"I'll change the subject. It's nice to see we'll be Divination buddies again this year."

"Indeed, it is. I'm holding out hope that Professor Sinistra will keep last year's partners too."

"That'd be good. Then James will be happy too at being with Evans," said Sirius, thinking of his friends infatuation with the red-headed witch.

"That boy needs to leave Lily Evans alone. You don't need to be a Ravenclaw to tell she isn't interested. You should tell James that if he continues pestering that sweet girl, I'll have to punch him again. Maybe he won't cry so much this time."

"Evans is smitten with James she's just too proud to show it and too kind to hurt Snivellus' feelings like that." Sirius said adamantly.

Odessa opened her mouth to argue, but at that moment Pandora and Xeno walked through the door.

"One minute early. Or should I say eleven minutes early by your two's standards." Mopsus said to the Ravenclaws upon their arrival.

"How does he know it's them?! How does he know what the time is?!" Sirius leaned across the table to whisper frantically in Odessa's ear.