CHAPTER VIII

CHAPTER VIII | SOBOIALSSBBHPE

Wednesday was when Gideon and Fabian Prewett finally managed to reverse the spell that was making the Gryffindor and Slytherin doorknobs act like portkeys. It was about time too. After getting over the initial shock and absolute displeasure of seeing half-naked Slytherins, the Marauders found the whole thing rather useful. For instance, if they wanted to prank the Slytherins, all they had to do was turn a doorknob and they had complete access to the dorms and common room. Likewise, the Slytherin's saw the use in having a link to Gryffindor tower and began to use it to cause trouble for their house rivals.

Odessa had been spending her morning helping Professor Sprout in the greenhouses. Not only did Odessa thoroughly enjoy doing a spot of gardening, it didn't hurt to remain on Professor Sprout's good side, especially during O.W.L. year. She was on her way to the owlery; she had yet to receive a reply from her grandmother and was growing increasingly worried, when a very excited James Potter nearly collided with her. Remus was with him, looking a lot more restrained than his friend.

James handed her a piece of parchment, grinning and buzzing with excitement. Odessa thought he looked much too pleased with himself for this to mean anything good.

"What's this?" Odessa asked, taking it from him.

"Read it." Said James eagerly.

Ms. Odessa Orlova of Ravenclaw House.

I am pleased to inform you that you are one of the lucky few not of Gryffindor House that have been invited to Sirius Orion Black III's Once In a Lifetime Sweet 16 Birthday Bash / Halloween Party Extravaganza.

(SOBOIALSSBBHPE for short)

Date: Friday 31st October
Place: 7th Floor, Tapestry of Barnaby the Barmy
Time: 7pm - THE PARTY NEVER ENDS
Dress: Muggle musical legends
!!!Be there or be square!!!

N.B. Don't lose this invite - it's your ticket for entry.

At the bottom of the invitation James had sketched a picture of Jimi Hendrix. Odessa only knew this because it had been labelled.

"Select few? I would've thought you'd be inviting everyone from our year and up." Said Odessa, impressed with the boys' apparent self-control.

"Oh, no. I should have specified. You're one of the select few V.I.Ps." Said James. He reached into his bag and pulled out a very thick stack of identical parchments. "You need to give these to all the fifth, sixth and seventh year Ravenclaws. Those two on the top are the only other non-Gryffindor V.I.Ps - the twins; we were very happy with their teleporting thingy prank. Though it did lead to some awkward encounters with Sirius' brother..."