CHAPTER VII

CHAPTER VII | Half-naked Slytherin

It was the Friday following Odessa's release from the hospital wing and the last day before half term. The sun was shining brightly and the castle grounds were covered in frost, the grass crunching beneath Odessa's Mary Janes as she made her way towards the greenhouses, her leather satchel bouncing against her left leg as she walked. Behind Odessa was Sirius Black, following her like a lost puppy.

"Essa..."

"You've followed me all the way from Ancient Runes, Sirius." Odessa huffed, her warm breath visible in the freezing air. "I told you in Astronomy last night that I wasn't giving anything that the twins have planned away."

"Yeah, I know how stubborn you are. I gave up on that." Sirius waved a hand dismissively. "Is it so bad that I want to spend time with you?"

"Yes. Especially when you should be going to your own class which is actually inside the castle. You've been ridiculously clingy this week; you don't usually spend this much time with me. Go and annoy your boyfriends."

"They told me to go annoy you. Besides, you suffered a very serious injury." Sirius protested. "I'm being a good friend."

"My bandages came off yesterday and my cranium is no longer triangular. Stop being silly and go to History of Magic."

Sirius snorted.

"Silly?" He echoed.

"What's wrong with saying 'silly'?" Odessa scowled.

"It's just... weird. People normally use 'silly' when they're talking to children." Said Sirius, with an air of superiority.

"Well, it's not my fault you English have hundreds of different words for the same thing and label them according to the situation. And anyway, talking to you is like talking to a child, so I did use it in the right context."

With a promise to sit with him and his friends at lunchtime, Sirius finally left Odessa alone to go to her Herbology lesson. Along with Potions, Herbology was one of Odessa's favourite subjects. However, she wasn't having the best time of it this year because she had been partnered with Severus Snape. Snape was gloomy, greasy and miserable; three things that Odessa couldn't stand.

Odessa simply couldn't comprehend how someone like Lily Evans was friends with someone like Severus Snape. Surely she was far too cheerful and fun-loving to enjoy his brooding company? And then there was his obvious superiority complex. He might not outwardly express his supremacist views but the company he kept was proof enough that he held them. Often times, when Odessa saw Sirius or James pull a prank on Snape or jinx him, she couldn't help but feel that he deserved it. It wasn't as though Snape didn't retaliate or even start lots of the scuffles.