Chapter 2-Flashbacks

As my parents showed me to my room, I felt a hint of relief. I couldn't call I that though. My mum helped me unpack and she left me alone to mark my territory. Teal paint was splattered all over the walls ( not literally, guys, just an expression ) and I liked it a lot.

Lucas popped his head into my room. "Hullo?" He said, not seeing me at first.

"I'm in the closet!" I yelled. My brother sighed. "Mae, don't scare me like that!!!!" He exclaimed. "Oh, and mum told me to pick you up."

"What for?" I inquired, a grin on my face.

"I can't tell you," he said, and legit picked me up and carried me downstairs. My family was waiting for me with huge smiles. They parted and I saw Tyler.

See, what my parents don't know I that Tyler was abusing me. Every time I was in the hospital, Tyler would act like the fake loving boyfriend. My parents would thank him for his support and they never found my attacker. Yeah sure.

Tyler warned me with his eyes that he would have a talk with me. He held his arms out and I ran into them, faking a smile so bad it made my face hurt. I saw my brothers look at each other questionably.

Tyler stated that it was getting pretty late and he had to catch his plane back to England. "Keep in touch," he said to me and left the house just like that.

"Hey Maeve," my parents said. "We're going to bed. It's been a long day." They kissed the top of my head and left to their room.

My brother Johnny took a few steps closer to me and I backed away, feeling tiny. I am very short, actually I'm as tall as a 6th grader.

"Um..." I mumbled. Johnny was the strongest out of the triplets. He has a lot of confidence. He was captain of the football team. Was.

Clark was next to step forward and I felt my back against the wall. Clark was strong too - but not as strong as Johnny. Although he was ripped, Johnny was stronger somehow. He had about a ton of girlfriends.

Lucas was the last to approach me. He put on a winning grin I knew too well. Although he was skinny, Lucas could pack a punch. He was the third skinniest person in England. I was first.

Now I see where I get my traits from. I am confident like Johnny, I have small height like Clark, and I am super skinny like Lucas.

All of my brother were hovered around me, making me feel uncomfortable. They formed a circle around me and I got really scared.

I remember when I was in the same situation....

FLASHBAAAAACCKKKKKK

"I-I didn't!" I told Tyler for the millionth time. "I just asked for his notes!"

"Yeah sure, because laughing by him after he says something to you isn't CHEATING!!!" he bellowed.

Two of his friends, Mark and Quinn, huddled around me the same way my brothers were around me now. Tyler was in the middle. He slapped me an I fell to the ground. I begged him to believe that he just made a joke. "I won't do it again!" I promised.

But he and his friends just beat me until I was nearly unconscious. Tyler's little sister called the police and they took me to the hospital.

END OF FLASHBACK!

"I didn't cheat!" I begged, feeling the pain I did when Tyler beat me.

"What?" Johnny asked, confused.

"I'm a good girl!" I told him, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I promise I'm good! I won't do it again, I promise!" I sobbed into hands, protecting my face from the punches I was expecting.

"Maeve Stevens," Lucas said in a firm voice.

"I DON'T WANNA GET PUNISHED!!" I cried.

"You won't!" Clark said. I was curled up in a ball, crying my eyes out.

"It's Johnny," my brother cooed, and I immediately stopped crying. I opened my eyes to find all three of my brothers kneeling beside me. I sat up and I asked, "Y - You're not Tyler?"

"No!" Lucas snorted. Clark elbowed him. "Look, this was a test. Tyler obviously is abusing you."

"N-No," I lied. It was too obvious. "H-He's the best boyfriend ever and he makes sure I don't do anything foolish."

"No," Clark stated. "He makes sure you don't talk to other boys by beating you."

"I am not allowing you see him anymore," Johnny declared.

"I second it," Lucas said and Clark nodded.

"What did Tyler do to you?" Lucas asked.

And I told him.

Everything.