Chapter 4-Shopping

Class was boring. No notes, just talking to one another. Thing is, I have no idea who anyone is so I basically just sat there. Thank god I brought "The Merchant of Venice" with me to class.

"You read shit like that?" I heard Jason ask. I ignored him, not caring that I read what Jason called 'shit'.

Class ended and the rest of the day was like the first. I had to explain to everyone who I was and guess what?

Jason sat next to me in EVERY CLASS.

What joy.

Lunch was pretty dull. I sat alone until who comes up to me?

Actually, it wasn't Jason.

It was my dear cousin Elliott.

"Eli!!!!" I exclaimed. Everyone in the family called him Eli. The last time I saw him is when we were really young. I think I was 3.

"Mae Mae! How've you been?" He was a true American, so I tried to reply in my best American accent.

"I've been fine, how 'bout you?" Eli laughed so hard at my American accent attempt. "You're accent is so strong that your American attempt is shameful," he stated.

"Well," I countered. "Like you could do a British accent any better."

"True," he confessed. "Oh, my friend is hosting a party tomorrow night to open the school year. He always does. You should go!"

"But what about the pop quizzes?" I said.

"Yeah, no." Eli had a look that made me say yes to anything he wanted. I grinned and replied. "I hate you."

"Yes!!!" he cheered and he did a little dance. "I am helping you find an outfit."

Sticking to his word, Eli took me to the mall to find a nice outfit. "Now you want to look good," he told me. "You shouldn't cover yourself up so much or people will think you're a virgin. Which you are. But you don't want to show too much skin otherwise you'll look like a slut. Which you're not."

"Then what do you want me to look like?" I asked.

"Someone who's had sex at least once." He said it like he's the ultimate god of parties. Well, he kind of is.

"Okay then," I said, walking into a boutique. "Pick a dress, any dress."

Laughing, Eli walked in behind me and walked around the store, scanning the dresses. "None of the dresses suit you," he said. "But the skirts do!"

I swear to god he's not gay.

He threw about a dozen skirts at me and I picked out the tops. None of the skirts fit me - except the last one. I had a hot pink blouse on that was a little loose on me and a black skirt that was tight but not too tight. It showed off my curves and made Eli say, "Hot damn."

"Hot damn is right," said someone. I turned to see no one other than Eli and Jason staring at me. Eli whipped his head and gave Jason an evil look. "Fuck off," he scowled and turned back towards me, nodding in approval.

"I wonder how easily it slides off..." Jason played, walking towards me. I backed up, unaware of his next move. Eli tried to grab him but Jason pushed him backwards, making Eli stumble and fall, giving Jason enough time to push me into the dressing room and lock the door. I was really scared.

Then I heard pounding at the door.

"I swear to god if you touch her I will find you and murder you!" Eli screamed. I heard footsteps and Eli was talking to who I think was the manager.