Chapter 5-The Party

The next day, all I did was sit around my classrooms reading. The second day was just like the first and Jason sat next to me in every class. Yay.

Jason couldn't stop staring at me. A girl named Gina from my English class told me all about him, how he takes girls' virginity and just leaves them.

"Believe me," she said. "I was a victim and so were my friends."

I was nodding when I noticed Eli sitting a couple of seats down from me. Everyone had switched seats and there was an open next to him. And it was on the other side of Jason.

"Hello Elliott," I said nudging him as I sat down. He looked up, smiling. "Hey Mae!" he exclaimed and nudged me back.

"So you guys are dating?" I heard Jason's voice ask. We both turned to see him staring.

"Um...." Eli stammered, trying to stifle his laughter.

"Uh... we...." I had a hard time controlling mine too. Eli and I burst out laughing.

"You serious bro?" Eli choked. He could barely breathe. "She's my cousin."

Jason groaned. That made us laugh even harder. We calmed down just as class ended. Turns out Eli is in all if my classes except first and second period. That's good.

During all my classes I was asking Eli about parties. "What happens?" I asked eagerly.

"My dear, dear Maeve," he said, grinning. "You are so innocent it's not even funny."

"Just tell me!" I begged.

"Well..." Eli started. "There are lots and lots of alcohol. You should know that first.

"Next, your outfit tonight will attract attention and you have to play hard-to-get. Unless of course you want to get laid..."

"Elliott!" I punched him in the arm, not affecting him.

"Anyways, there's always water but get a drink as soon as you get there. Get a Budweiser. That's the least likely thing you will get drunk on. You do NOT want to get hung over."

"Got it." I was soaking this drug up like it was pure gold.

"Activities include drinking, dancing, and games."

"What kind of games?"

"Drinking games and Spin the Bottle."

I know how to play spin the bottle, I've just never played. I watched it on TV and seen it happen in front of me, but I guess I just never had the guts to play.

The day went pretty fast. Soon enough, it was the end of the day and I was at Eli's house. We were both dressed and ready to go.

"Look at the time!" I exclaimed. It was 6:30. "We have to go!"

"Never show up on time," he said.

"Why?" I inquired.

"Otherwise it's like you're the goodie two shoes that'll rat everyone out if there's trouble," he stated.

I nodded and waited for the signal to leave. It must've been at least another hour of UNO before we left. We arrived at 7:45. 45 minutes late. Great.

I noticed Jason was already there. My long hair was down to my waist and I clung to Eli, unsure of my next move. I had to let go of him. He nudged me off and I quickly grabbed a drink. I couldn't muster up enough courage to grab a beer. So I drank water. Hey, I might be the one driving home.

Eli stood by my side the whole night for the most part. We talked with Eli's friends and I met a girl named Isobel who insisted that I call her Izzy.