2• Detroit

(Fan art of Mochi done by iRK800i I thought it was super cute!)

"Welcome to the panic room, where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you"

(Thank you all SO much for the support! You guys literally made me cry from happiness! You're all so caring and nice, plus you give me memes. Could I ever get better readers???)

Y/N's POV:

As me, Lance, and Cameron are dropped off back at home, I can feel my heart drop heavily.

This was my home... our home. Now it's being taken away for no reason! Just because one person in our house is different!

"We should pack up..." I say. "Y/N, you stay here, I'll go back to Detroit" Cameron says. "What? No! I can't leave you" I say. "You won't be leaving me... this is best for Lance, I can't have him grow up in a place like Detroit, Canada is safer for him" Cameron says.

"Cameron..." I'm unsure of what to say.

"Dad, I don't want you to go..." Lance says. I turn to look at Lance who looks very worried. "Lance... I'm not leaving forever" Cameron says.

"I want us to stay together... I heard the police talking about you... you're a robot, I know" Lance says. Me and Cameron look shocked, he knows...

"I don't care Dad! I want us to stay as a family! You're my dad, and nothing will change that!" Lance says. "Lance..." Cameron goes down and hugs Lance tightly.

"Cameron, let's pack up, we'll go back to Detroit, as a family" I say.

~A Week Later~

Everything's in the car. I look back at the house one last time, it was nice while it lasted...

We begin to drive while the police cars are behind and in front of us. I look back and Lance is already asleep. Cameron is focused on the road, but I really don't feel anything. I don't feel sad, or angry. It's like I don't have any emotions right now.

I see us crossing the bridge to go back to Detroit. I look ahead and begin to see the buildings. It looks as if that war never happened... I wonder how Connor is, or Hank, and Markus.

Wait... is Kara okay? Did they catch her too or was it just us?

We cross the border into Detroit. Well... we're here again...

We stop and a cop gets out of a car and goes to our window. "I trust you have everything else planned out and will not come back to Canada" he says. "Yes, we'll stay here" Cameron says.

The cop nods and goes back to his car. I watch at the police cars drive away. "Come on Cameron, we can try staying with Hank until we find a house" I say.

"Alright... that's the only option we have" he says. We begin to drive to Hank's place, Detroit doesn't look different at all.

~~~~

We pull into his driveway. I wonder if Hank is still a police investigator? I would've called Hank first, but I deleted his number because I thought I'd never come back to Detroit. Guess I was wrong.

I go up to the door and knock. After a couple of seconds, Hank answers the door.

"Y/N?" He asks. "Hi Hank" I smile. "Jesus" Hank quickly hugs me and I hug him back. "What are you doing here?" He asks.

"About that... me and Cameron got forced out of Canada, they found out Cameron was an android" I say. "Where is he?" Hank asks. "In the car, oh, also! I guess I never told you this but... you should meet Lance! You'll love him!" I smile.

"Who's Lance?" Hank asks. "Follow me" I say. We go to the car, Cameron steps out and smiles at Hank. "Hey Cameron" Hank hugs him.

As Cameron and Hank are catching up, I grab Lance and bring him out. "We're here?" Lance asks. "Yep, this might be the place we stay, only for a little bit though" I say. "That's fine" Lance smiles.

"Come on, I have someone I want you to meet" I hold Lance's hand and bring him over to Hank.

"Hank, this is Lance, my son" I say. Hank takes a step back, his face is covered with shock and confusion.

"Wait, so did you and the Android..." Hank looks at me and Cameron. "No, we adopted Lance" I laugh.

"Oh, that makes more sense" Hank laughs. "Hey Lance, I'm Hank" Hank says. "Hi!" Lance smiles. I'm really glad Lance is social, he'll fit in no problem.

"Right... would you be able to let us stay here? Until we find a house?" I ask. "Go right ahead! I don't mind" Hank smiles.

"Thank you so much Hank!" I smile. "Right! Lance go in, make yourself at home, me and dad will be right in" I say. Lance smiles and grabs Hank's hand, going into the house.

I wonder if Lance reminds Hank of Cole.

"I'll grab the animals, you can just grab the luggage's, we won't be here long" I say. I go in and grab Boomer and Mochi as Cameron grabs the bags.

We go into the house and set everything down. I open Boomer and Mochi's cages, letting them roam around.

"How long do you plan to stay?" Hank asks. "Not too long, only until we can find a house, any suggestions?" I ask. "Nothing that I know, sorry" Hank says. "It's fine! Me and Cameron will keep looking until we find a place" I say.

I look around the house, Sumo lays on the floor while Boomer jumps around. Seems like Boomer didn't forget his best friend.

"Hank, is Connor still here?" I ask. I see Hank look worried for a second. "Can I speak to you privately?" Hank asks. "Of course" I say.

I follow Hank to a room and we sit down.

"About Connor... he really wasn't the same since you left, it's like... like he got anxiety, he was always worried everyday, and he kept wondering if you remembered him or not, but now that you're with Cameron, and have a child with him, I'm not sure how Connor will react..." Hank says.

"Wait... so he's not over me?" I ask. "Not one bit, he's been going crazy about you, he might be back soon... but I suggest just coming back to Connor safely, he doesn't know how emotions work and it's best if you be careful of that" Hank says.

"I'll try, I'm sure Connor will be okay... I hope so..." I say. There's a knock on the front door.

"That's him" Hank says. I feel my heart race, I'm nervous yet... there's this strange feeling of love in me...

I get up with Hank and we go to the door. Hank opens the door, Connor stands at the door. He's dressed completely different, now he looks completely human.

(I'll let you decide what he's wearing. He's wearing a blue unicorn onesie for me)

"Hank, I got the-" Connor stops at the door and stares at me, shocked.

"Y/N?..."

(Btw. My editor is currently away and won't be back for another week or two, so if you spot grammar mistakes... well you know why)