3• Catch Up

"Maybe freedom ain't for me"

Y/N's POV:

"Y/N?" Connor asks. "Hi Connor" I smile. He quickly sets the stuff down and wraps his arms around me, hugging me tightly. I hug him back, smiling so much. I missed him... he was like my best friend, lover or not, Connor is still important to me.

He let's go of me and just looks at me for a couple of seconds. "You're really here... right?" He asks. "I'm really here Connor" I smile. "I-... I don't even know what to say!" Connor is smiling so brightly.

"Also, I brought Cameron along too" I look behind me to find Cameron looking at me and Connor.

"Hi Cameron" Connor goes over and hugs Cameron. "So, how has Canada been?" Connor asks. "Actually... me and Cameron were forced out, they found out Cameron was an Android" I say. "Oh... I'm guessing you're staying here for a while" Connor says. "Yep! Until we can find a house" I say.

"You're moving in together?" Connor asks. "Uhm..." I look back at Hank. He's giving me a look that says, 'Tell him'.

"Connor, me and Cameron are together" I say. "Like, lovers?" Connor asks. "Yea..." I say. Connor looked down for a while.

"Well I hope your relationship is going good" Connor smiles at us. That's... surprising...

"Oh, thank you" I say. "Anything else happen?" Connor asks. I might as well tell him...

"Actually yea... me and Cameron adopted a child"

Connor's POV:

"Actually yea... me and Cameron adopted a child" Y/N says. A child?

If she stayed... me and her could've had that future, a family...

I'm happy for her though, if she's truly happy with Cameron and her child, that's all that matters. As long as she's smiling.

"Can I see him?" I ask. "Yea, Lance!" Y/N calls.

A small boy runs out from a room, he's smiling brightly. Lance...

"This is Connor, I'd like you to meet him" Y/N points to me. Lance looks at me for a while, then back at Cameron.

"Why does dad and him look the same?" Lance asks. "Uh... they're both robots, sort of the same" Y/N says. "Oh! So, what's he?" Lance asks. "Connor is a RK800, dad is a RK900" Y/N says.

"So dad is better?" Lance asks. "Uh! I wouldn't say that Lance!" Y/N says. Lance looks back at me.

"Sorry! I didn't mean that" Lance hugs me. "It's fine" I smile. "I'm Lance" Lance smiles. "I'm Connor" I say.

Y/N's POV:

I really hope Lance didn't offend Connor... I'll have to teach him about that. I look Connor and Lance talking to each other, I guess Connor doesn't mind as much... the way Hank described him. He seemed much worse.

"Hey Y/N, we should catch up later! It's been two years after all" Connor says. "I'd love that" I smile.

In the corner of my eye, I can see Cameron looking at little... jealous. He doesn't say anything, but his face says it all.

"Do you wanna go now? You should show me around Detroit, I'd really like to see how it's changed" I say. "Alright, I'll show you around" Connor says.

"Do you mind staying here? I won't be long" I say to Cameron. "It's fine, go ahead" Cameron says. "Thank you" I kiss Cameron on the cheek.

"Let's go then Connor" I say. Me and Connor leave, grabbing a taxi on the way out.

Cameron's POV:

She kisses me on the cheek and leaves. As long as Connor doesn't try anything, I'm fine with it.

More importantly, as long as she doesn't try anything either, it's fine. She left Connor pretty easily, I wouldn't be surprised if she took Lance and went off. It was like she never had feelings for Connor in the first place, I know she did, every time he was around her cheeks would get red and her heart rate would increase.

Although... it seemed like she only had a crush on him, as if she loved him, but Connor wanted to spend a life with her and marry her even. Although Y/N didn't want that, she simply wanted love. When she got that, I guess she realized Connor wasn't the one.

I guess I'm lucky to have her fall for me... I mean, I'm really lucky to have a girl like her. Beautiful, funny, perfect smile, the way her eyes light up when she looks at the stars, when her hair blows in the wind, and just that cute laugh she does. Everything about her is amazing, except...

I've noticed her heart rate increasing more around Connor, more than it ever has around me. Maybe she's just nervous... it has been two years after all, she's probably just anxious.

I still have something I want to give to her as well...

I look in my pocket, and take out the red velvet box with a ring inside, I still have so much to give her in life...

Y/N's POV:

"Wow! It's so much prettier! Especially since androids aren't being worked as slaves" I smile. "It's been nice in Detroit, of course there's still the common bad people and androids here and there" Connor says.

"Speaking of which, do you and Hank still work with the police force?" I ask. "Well it's what's I'm best at, and Hank still does as well, I think he just misses me" Connor laughs.

"I highly doubt he'd miss you, he could probably go a whole month without seeing you" I laugh.

"Oh... I need to ask you, if you don't mind, did you miss me?" Connor asks. "W-what?" I ask.

"While you were in Canada, did you miss me? Did you forget about me?" Connor asks. "Well... not exactly, when I started dating Cameron, I sort of forgot about you, then I adopted Lance and I ended up forgetting everything from Detroit" I say. "But, I did miss you! I missed your fluffy hair, those brown eyes, and just how naive you are" I laugh.

"I'm not naive" Connor says, he's cheeks turning a light shade of blue. "You can be naive, almost like you don't understand at all" I smile. "I guess so... but that's because it wasn't in my program! I'm not naive anymore" Connor says.

"Uh huh, sure" I tease him. "I'm not!" Connor's cheeks are now visibly blue. "I'm joking Connor, you're still adorable as ever, like a puppy" I smile.

Connor's POV:

As she teases me, I try not to smile. It's hard... she's laughing and smiling so much, it makes me want to do the same. I missed her... everything about her.

She may not be my lover, but she's still my best friend, as long as she's in my life, that's all that matters... right?