A fair of trouble part 1.

A,N: Here is the next chapter my dear readers. I am so sorry for the wait. I kinda had vacation and other problems to deal with, so didn't manage to write much. However, I can tell you this chapter is properly worth the wait. This is the school festival with a certain twist. You can start reading and see what I mean. 😊 Have fun reading.

Normal p.o.v.

A ball, prestige and inviting, were in process at this unknown castle. Just as a ball should be of course. Decorations were all around and made the castle look even more beautiful as it already were. Light were shown in the sky as torches were shown around at the walls in here, and beautiful music could be heard from somewhere, along with the scent of food who were coming from the different tables around in the ball room. Guests in their finest clothes and wearing masks, entered the ball room. After all this was a masked ball, and people were dressed for the occasion. Just like this boy who was also attending. He was dressed in a fine gray suit, and mask who was in the same color and covered most of his face. Only his grey eyes were present, when you were staring directly at him. The boy sighed deeply. All this made him rather uncomfortable. This was so far away his normal dress code. He had only been attending this ball because he was befriended with the royals and politely had accepted the invite. In reality he didn't want to. He was longing for something more exciting. Something that could make him free. He had decided he was gonna leave as soon as he had greeted the royal family. That however could take a while, since the subjects were surrounding that particular family at the moment. It was after all a big celebration today, and everyone wanted the chance to lash onto them for favors. The boy sighed deeply and decided that he needed something to drink. The crowd of so many people here made him rather uncomfortable, but then again, such events always made him feel like that. One of the reasons he was keeping himself in the shadows. He was not meant for such royal life. That was for sure. He took some steps forward. He was on the way to the food table where drinks were standing. Some servants were carrying trays with the drinks as well, since sometimes there could be lines at the food table, and the boy was more for addressing the servants, than taking a long march over the floor to the food table. Many guests were dancing after all. Sadly, the boy didn't manage to get much forward, since someone suddenly bumped into him. The boy had good balance, so nothing really happened to him, but it was a different story with the one bumping into him. The boy turned of course around to see what was going on, and found a girl sitting groggily on the floor. The boy was of course a gentleman and were soon holding a hand towards her. It was clear that she had been trying to cross the room just like him, and he guessed she had been bumping around in the crowd of people, and thereby bumped into him.

"Are you well my lady?" he asked politely as the girl finally noticed his hand and took it.

She nodded, and the boy figured she was slightly embarrassed over what had just happened. Not that the boy minded it anyway.

"Ah um yes my..." she said but then went silent.

She was staring into his gray eyes. Even with a mask on he could see her purple eyes stare back at him. She did seem worried. The boy turned his attention to her looks. It was first now he noticed how pretty she was, even though her face was hidden. Long orange hair was hanging loosely down to the mid of her back, and she was dressed elegant yet not too eye catching. A simple tunica and skirt. Boots were gone up almost to her knees, which was something the boy wondered were uncomfortable wearing. A few pieces of jewels were shown on her as a pair of earrings and tiara, who was placed on the top of her head.

"Oh my apologies princess" The boy apologies and bowed respectfully "I didn't mean to be disrespectful".

He was about to kiss her hand, but the girl wouldn't let him. It was first now the boy noticed her distasteful gaze as she moved her hand away. She was clearly not liking this attention. The boy cursed himself for not noticing.