Ch 10|| Zoldycs Estate 1

I woke up and got breakfast. The chairman called us up to meet. I think we're discussing the fifth phase.

"Well gentlemen, Did you get plenty of rest?" Netero asked while smiling.

"This hotel that were at is owned by the hunter exam selection committee. The place is yours until the battles have concluded. For the final phase, we will be holding a one on one tournament." A man pulled a board on wheels to the front and revealed who each of us is fighting. Everyone gasped and I started to sweat nervously.

"One win is all you need." Netero held up one finger.

"One win?" Gon repeated a bit shocked.

"Then, in this tournament..." Leorio mumbles.

"The winners are removed, while the losers continue up the bracket. In other words, the person who finishes at the top will not pass. Does everyone understand now?" Netero looked at us after his explanation. I do a slight nod.

"So your saying only one person will not pass?" Hanzo the bald headed ninja asked.

"Exactly." Netero gives him this deadpanned look. I would've done the same. He JUST said that like five seconds ago was he not listening?? They revealed who was going to fight who and everyone was not pleased. And I was up against Leorio! Not cool.

"Why didn't you give us a more balanced bracket?" An old man with a single ponytail asked.

"This bracket was assembled based on your performances throughout the entire exam. Those who performed better, receive more chances." Netero explained. Killua perked up.

"That doesn't sound right. Can you explain how you scored our performances?" Killua spoke up. Everyone looked at him then at Netero.

"Hmm..." Netero looked deep and thought then he yelled,"nOOOOO!!" Which made Killua and I jump.

"Why not?!" Killua shouts in irritation.

"Hehe your scores are classified information. So I can't tell you everything. But I can explain our methods." He chuckled.

"First, we consider three major criteria: physical strength, emotional strength, mental strength, and overall impression. For physical strength, we used an aggregate of agility, flexibility, endurance, and perception. For mental strength, we use an aggregate of resilience, adaptability, judgement, and creativity. However this information is only used as a reference point. After all, you were strong enough to advance to the final phase." Netero started to explain.

"However, we are most concerned with your overall impression. This refers to any intangible factors not previously mentioned. You can consider this an evaluation of your potential as a Hunter. And we also incorporate the opinions of your peers. That was our process." Netero continued.

"The rules are quite simple. Weapons are allowed. No cheating. If your opponent admits defeat, you win. However! If you kill your opponent, you will be immediately disqualified. All remaining applicants will pass and exam will end." Netero shouted. So I can't kill anyone? That should be easier for me than others.

"Then we shall begin the exams final phase." We walked to a different room and Gon and Hanzo were getting ready to fight. Gon was getting pretty beat up and I wanted to help but I knew that I couldn't.

"I'll fight you in his place!" Leorio shouted getting Hanzo attention.

"If you can't take it Leave. It's only going to eat worst."Hanzo looked at Leorio. I wanted to snap his neck.

"What was that?!" Leorio started to walk near him and I panicked alongside Kurapika. Before I could stop him two men stood in front of us.

"No one may interfere in a one on one match. And if you step in, Gon will be the one disqualified!" A man in shades shouted. I grit my teeth in frustration and anger.

"It's okay... Leorio...Yuki...this is...nothing.. I-I can still fight..."Gon slowly lifted himself up and his head. And it seemed pretty difficult into doing that. Hanzo frowned and kicked his leg making him fall down. He pinned his arm behind his back.

"I'm owing to break your arm. I'm not joking around, so give up. Surrender." Hanzo ordered.

"Never!" Gon shouts. Hanzo broke his arm and I heard sickening crunch.

"Gon!"I shouted while jumping to help him. Killua grabbed me but I still had my arm reached out. Kurapika seemed to be pissed as well. Only Killua was chill but I can tell he was a little worried.

"There you go you can't use your left arm anymore." Hanzo states the obvious. I ground my teeth together in anger and I felt my eyes flicker. I squint my eyes and shook my head a little rubbing my eyes. Hanzo started talking to Gon and started going on and on about how he is a shinobi. I blocked out the sound and heard a high pitched ringing. I covered my ears and squint my eyes in discomfort. I heard a thud and it looked like Gon won. I calmed down and the ringing and flickering stopped. After Killuas battle with his older brother he looked a little distant.

"Hey Killua are you ok?" I asked while waving my hands in front of his face. He grabbed my wrist and started squeezing. I started to feel my face heat up until the squeezing started to hurt.

"K-Killua it hurts l-let go!" I yelped in pain. He immediately let go and walked away before I could say anything. I wonder what's wrong. After a while Leorio was called up and he was about to fight with the old man with the ponytail but Killua stepped in and killed him. Killua was disqualified. He walked to the door getting ready to leave.

"Killua Wait! Where are you going?!" I shouted while running up to him. Leorio And Kurapika looked in my direction worriedly. He stopped and then looked at me with lifeless eyes. He's never looked at me like that..

"Home." His older brother Illumi answered for him. I looked at him and glared. Even though my face wasn't visible I'm pretty sure he can sense my glare.

"Well I don't care because I'm going with him!" I shouted. Leorio And Kurapika looked surprised while Hisoka looked amused.

"Hmm well I don't see a reason why you can't. Killu got going to take this little girl home with you. Mom wanted to find a new girl to play dress up with anyways." Illumi shrugs. I stiffened when he called me a girl.

"I'm not a girl! I'm a man and I'm not some doll to be dressed up!" I yelled angrily. Killua grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him. I started to drag my heels in the ground trying to stop him but he was to strong. Leorio And Kurapika were too shocked I do anything.

And that is how I ended up in Killuas house. They gave me a guest room and it was pretty cutesy not what I would expect from a family of elite assassins.