Chapter 10- b-day

Percy Jackson

I guess you can say that my absolute bliss has faded. I have adjusted to a dyslexic free life, and am no longer bouncing off the walls with joy.

The ADHD has lessened, but it is less prominent than the dyslexia. Both will be nice though when I start school.

Yup that's right, Tony finally realized that I had not been to school in well over a year. Semester started two weeks ago, but I won't be starting for another week. I'll be at a new school. I'm in a new city, this means new kids, new teachers, new schools. And most importantly, new reputation.

I'm not gonna be the stupid bad kid again this year. I'll pass my classes, and no monsters will come and try to kill me. Hopefully.

But right now, I have other things to worry about as I head to the kitchen. Tony walks out of his room and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Ya know, I feel like there is something we should be celebrating. I don't know, I can't seem to put my finger on it." He stopped, then snapped. "I know! It's national bad poetry day."

I laugh, "You know I think your right. I fell like it's someone's birthday, but I don't think it's Apollo's." Thunder rumbled, I smirked. "Fight me Apollo!"

Another door opened, and out walked Natasha. "Who's Percy gonna fight?"

"The sun" Tony says plainly.

"That's nice. We should get a cake. Make an event out of it."

"I don't knows, I think we might need more than cake to celebrate that." Tony says.

We walk into the kitchen, and I'm honestly not surprised. Streamers fly in my face. Shouts are heard, and balloons are also present.

I try to turn around, but Steve picks me up and tosses me over his shoulder. I'm carried to the couch. The whole team sits around me.

"Guys, I'm flattered and all, but this is to much." I'm not in a party mood.

"Come on Percy, your seventeen! That deserves something!" Clint tells me.

"Yep, and one year ago I lead a bunch of kids into a war. Lots of my friends were killed. She almost sacrificed herself for me. I don't want to celebrate that, not after the mistakes I've made. Not after the lives I've taken because of my stupidity. Today is not a day of celebration. Not for me." I stand up and walk to the window.

I know there will be something at camp about the Titan war. It's only been a year, yet almost all the campers who fought are dead. Between that war, Gaia, and all the new campers, there is barely anyone to remember.

Tony comes up behind me. He doesn't come to close, he understands I need some space. "Percy, I'm sorry. I forget that happened in your birthday."

"It's fine." I say harshly. "You have nothing to apologise for. Its my fault, all if this. I just can't do this. I can't celebrate myself, on a day so many died to give me a chance. They died trying to make sure I could save the world. But I'm the end I did nothing. I just sat there and watched as Luke saved everyone." I felt a tear stream down my face. I saw images of that night flash through my mind.

I see Selina leading the Ares cabin into battle. I see her and Clarisse fighting the drakene. I see her lifeless body on the ground.

I see Charlie flying in to pick me up from the beach. We flew on blackjack to the princess Andromeda. The explosion that took his life.

I sink to the ground. More and more deaths fill my mind. Each and everyone my fault. If I had done this, or not of done that, they all would of been alive.

Tears were flowing freely down my face now. I became aware that Tony sat with his arm drapped around my shoulder. Rubbing my arm, whispering words of comfort.

Soon I dozed off in his arms. I welcomed a break from the terrors of my mind.

Hey y'all I know this is short but I've been busy. Hope you like it please vote and comment.
Edited