Chapter 18- The Battles Over

Percy Jackson

I was locked in combat with one of Ultron's bots. I look around me, trying to get a baring of the situation.

We're in Sokovia, and Ultron has released his full force, but so have we. We teamed up with the two enhanced kids. Turns out that they're home was bombed and their parents got killed. They volunteered for Strucker's experiment, not knowing what he intended for them to do. Honestly they aren't horrible, and I wouldn't mind getting to know them better.

We also managed to call in some backup from James Rohdes, (War Machine) and Sam Wilson (Falcon). Despite being completely out numbered, it looked like we had a slight chance of winning.

It was the final lap. Wanda, (the female enhanced), agreed to kill Ultron once we get everyone off the floating island. Me, Clint, Sam, Cap, and Nat were on evac dutey. Tony and Thor were preparing the island for impact, while Petro, (the male enhanced) covered Wanda.

Just as I was about to get on the last boat, I saw something in the corner of my eye. It was Clint, he was running to grab a kid we had somehow missed. I wasn't the only one who saw him, Ultron did too.

Ultron was shooting at Clint, and there was no way I could get to him in time, and he had no way to get out of the way. There was only one person who could get there in time.

Petro ran to Clint, just a blur visible. Just as the shots hit their mark, he stopped. Clint had braced himself, shielding the kid he had run to grab, but when no impact came he looked up in confusion. Petro was on the ground, bleeding.

"You didn't see that coming?" He had a smirk on his face, but there was pain in his eyes. He exhaled a shaky breath and I realized what I had to do.

I started running to the dieing kid. As I ran, I condensed the water particles in the air around Petro and froze him. I knew this was risky but I also knew that he could survive.

Similar to Steve, Petro had been given powers that inhanced his strength, health, metabolism, and indurance. While this isn't great for him it may be the only thing that can save his life.

When I got to them Clint stared at me in shock. Go get the kid to safety, I've got him." I tell the older man. He nods and runs off. I look at the frozen man beneath me. I focus on the ice around him. I life my arm and Petro rises with it. Carefully I started walking towards the boat with Petro floating behind me.

When I got on the boat, Clint rushed over to me. "Is he all right?"

"He's fine right now, but if we don't get home help before too long he won't be." I tell him in a serious tone.

I had gone out on a limb freezing him. I knew that Petro had underwent a procedure similar to Steve did. I knew that it inhanced aspects like indurance, and strength. I'm just hoping that he can last long enough till we can get him the help he needs.

We left the floating city and watched it explode. Wanda had killed Ultron. His bots were getting the upper hand on her until she felt Petro get hurt. As far as we can tell, she doesn't know he is still alive. She was currently floating towards our boat, using her weird telepathic powers to fly.

"Where is he?" Wanda demands as she lands on the boat.

"Over here." I tell her as I walk toward Petro. "He's not dead but he's close. I think you can help him."

She kneels down next to her brother and touches his frozen chest. "what do I need to do?"

"Remove the bullets from his body. Once you do that, our combined powers should be able to heal his wounds and save his life." She looks up at me and I can see the fear in her eyes.

"Should?"

"I've never done this," I motion vaguely at Petro, "before. I have preformed many mid battle life saving acts of randomness, but never to this degree. But I have faith. I believe that you will do anything to save your brother. So do you trust me?"

"Is there any other way to save him?" Her voice is full of concern.

I shake my head. "Anything else would be to late"

"Ok. I will do it."

The process was meticulous. Wanda had to remove each bullet individually as to not cause any further damage. There were 16 bullets all together and it too her 2 minutes per bullet.

As soon as she would finish removing one, I would start healing it. First I would fill the hole with water then freeze it. I would place my hand over it and let my power flow from me. This starts stitching this skin back together. The only downside is how much power it takes. Saving Petro might just take my life.

Finally after almost an hour we were done. Wanda went back after me and did the finishing touches on his wounds. I have to say I would be very impressed at how well she held herself together if I wasn't about to collapse. I haven't slept in 35 hours and I had pushed my powers to the limit.

I went to stand up and nearly fainted. Luckily Steve was standing next to me and was able to catch me. He eased me down in a chair and tried to talk to me. I didn't hear a word.

There was nothing I wanted more right at the moment then to first, scream. Second, punch somebody, anybody, in the face. And third, collapse and sleep for a week. But sadly there was one more thing that had to he done. I had to unfreeze Petro.

Now despite how it sounds, it's not that easy. If I just unfreeze him at once, (the easiest thing to do), he could die and all of our hard work would be for nothing. What I had to do was basically slowly thaw him out. This would take even more power. Possibly more that I had left in me.

I shake my head and try to get my thoughts together, this had to he done right. After another twenty minutes, Petro was thawed and I was completely, one hundred percent empty. I was hoping that no one would need me for the next week because they would be getting nothing.

Edited