Step 4: Book Descriptions

Book descriptions are important.

Don't let anyone fool you by telling you that it has to be long and informative though.

If you make your description too long, readers will get annoyed and not want to read the whole thing. If they get turned off from the description, why would they even consider reading the book?

For your description, you can put a quote that will be in the book, a small snip-it, a brief summary, or a mixture of those.

However, there are key things that you should put in your description that will grab the attention of young readers.

Certain descriptions fit for certain story types and titles.

Here are some simple examples of titles and what descriptions can fit well with them.

1. The Billionaire's Maid

"Dude, this skirt is way too short." Monica complained as she looked at the black skirt her new boss handed to her.

Mr. Smith smirked devilishly."It's your new uniform." His eyes narrowed darkly with suspicious intent."And you will address me as Sir from now on."

Monica was far in debt. She had no other choice than to become the maid of the notoriously naughty billionaire Mr. Theodore Smith. But when this deviously sexy billionaire starts to show interest, what will she do?

2. The Sex Teacher

Guilia is just an innocent virgin, but she wants to know all there is to know about sex. So she calls a service company that has teachers on loan for any type of subject. What will happen if Guilia hires a sex teacher who turns out to be a total hottie? Will she fall in love as he teaches her everything about sex?

3. Seducing the Bad Boy

Prudence has always been such a sweet girl. However, there is a bad boy in her school who has broken many hearts. When some girls convince Prudence to help them get revenge, will she be able to seduce the bad boy with their help in order to break his heart for vengeance? Or will she fall for him in the process?

4. His Possessive Alpha

Meesha is such a sweet, pure cat hybrid. He stays home and does the cleaning and cooking while his strong alpha Eric works. But what will happen when Eric comes home one evening to find Meesha panting and sweating on their bed, soaked with slick of his first heat?

See? Descriptions are easy.

All you have to do is mention dangerous/forbidden love and/or sex.

It's that simple.

Just keep in mind that young readers are perverts who just want their fluff and smut.

Make it obvious in the description that your book will contain these things.

Also, make sure you use the 100 key words from the title chapter in your descriptions.