Step 9: Forbidden Love

There's something about being forbidden to do something that makes people want to do it.

For all those people who say "rules are meant to be broken," there's forbidden love.

People, especially girls, love chasing after something or someone they are not allowed to have. Whether it be the spotlight in a school play, an expensive pair of boots that they have to steal their father's money to buy, or the deliciously handsome CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation, they will do anything to chase after what they desire.

Or maybe the love they want is forbidden for other reasons, like law or familial bond.

Here are a few examples of forbidden love that will certainly draw in readers.

-Royalty and Poverty

-Relatives (Siblings, Parent/Child, Steps, In-Laws, Aunt/Uncle, Cousins)

-Teacher and Student

-CEO and Subordinate

-Person and Animal (Hybrid/Shapeshifter)

-Vampire and Werewolf

-Enemies (Opposing countries, Armies, Families, Clans, etc)

If the love is forbidden, readers will read it with the hopes that the MC achieves their desire. Readers love that excitement, even more so if the book is from the reader's perspective.

The more forbidden the love is, the more readers will enjoy it.