Chapter 3: God is a woman

Monday, no matter where you were, was a difficult day. For Kim Yerim it was her first day as an SM artist and that meant that from now on she would practice in another building along with 4 other girls. But it wasn't her first time in a girl group. JYP asked for a sub-vocalist a year ago and Yeri showed up. Next thing the company knew, one of their most talented girls, Lee Sunmi, was found dead. Wonder Girls couldn't let go of the sudden loss, so they disbanded. How did it happen? Yeri put a small dose of opium in Sunmi's coffee. The doctors never found out the real cause of her death. It was anxiety, they said. Only YG knew.

Red Velvet entered their private practice room and met with their choreographer. They started practicing a new choreography for their upcoming song "Automatic". The demo was already sent to the company and soon they would record the song in the studio. How exciting for all of them, especially Yeri, who wanted to show her worth to the other girls.

"Alright, girls, I can see that you could easily memorize the chorus. And, Yeri, I'm impressed by your skills. You should have joined us earlier." the trainer claimed.

Yeri instantly blushed, showing her excitement about the trainer's comment. All the other girls were apparently happy to have her in their group, but Joy... Joy showed her in every possible way that she was not wanted in SM. It was like she knew, what was all of this for.

"Enough with the talk. Let's get back to practice, shall we?" she said and headed to her dancing spot.

"Jesus, Sooyoung!" Wendy said. The others remained silent.

"Alright, then. From the top!"

***

When the choreography lesson came to an end, it was already 3pm and Red Velvet were really hungry, so they paid a visit to SM's restaurant. It was a fancy place inside the building, where the training idols could eat for free between their training hours. Mr. Lee had done a great job with his company. Everything seemed to run amazingly through the years.

"What a day!" the leader said, as soon as the food came to their table. She was having Yeri on her left and Seulgi on her right. At the other side of the table, there was Joy and Wendy.

"What's your impression on your first day practicing, kid?" Wendy asked Yeri.

She made her face look friendlier, stopped playing with her t-shirt collar and said: "Well, great. It was great... And exhausting."

"Come on, you! That's something I would expect to hear from Joohyun." Seulgi teased her unnie.

Apparently Irene got the hint about her age and tapped Seulgi on her arm. Then she pouted like a baby, but did not complained to the other girl's comment. Yeri observed how close those two were, in comparison with the others. Knowing that Park Sooyoung was kind of distant from her group mates, it was easier for her to approach her.

Soon they finished with their lunch and their private van led them home. So far, it was fun being in Red Velvet.

***

Joy was hanging out in the living room by herself, watching tv. The three older girls were upstairs doing some chores. Yeri on the other hand was wandering around the house, when she realized that Joy was all alone. Now was her chance to approach her, so she did. She slightly entered the room.

"I didn't know you were a fan of Glee!" Yeri happened to have watched the show and, although she wasn't that fond of it, she took advantage of her knowledge.