Chapter 9: Exposed

The next morning was the most awkward morning ever since Kim Yerim joined the Red Velvet house. The 5 members were having the usual breakfast in the kitchen, before going out for the outfit selection. They were about to shoot a MV for their new song "Automatic", which audio version was already out. Things were moving so fast and that made Yeri more nervous than before. But most of all, she was so damn angry about Joy leaving her that way yesterday night. Cheap of her.

"How are you planning to kill her?" A message from Mr. Yang appeared on her phone screen. The most difficult to reply to.
She took her time:
"Opium. Like I did with Sunmi."
"Make it fast. I'm planning on having a new girl group debut in 2 months. I don't want any competition."

Make it fast. Yeri knew that she couldn't kill Park Sooyoung anymore. Not only because she had feelings for her, but also because the woman knew something about the mission. She needed to come up with something else.

"I'm trying my best. Don't worry." she lied.

Meanwhile, Joy was observing the blonde sending those suspicious messages during breakfast. Now she knew who she was texting with.

***

Red Velvet came home at 7 o'clock in the afternoon. The outfit selection for the MV was easy. Chic red woman suits with a white shirt, a black narrow tie and black heels. The making of their video was about to start within the week.

"Yeri, can I talk to you for a second?" Joy took the blonde by her hand, but she didn't grab it gently like she always did. Yeri didn't even have time to nod "yes".

The two girls went upstairs, inside their room. Joy locked the door and sat on her bed, indicating Yeri to sit along her. The other three girls went out for an afternoon tea.

"I want to see your morning messages."

Yeri froze.
"I deleted them."

"Oh, come on!" Joy just grabbed the girl's phone and searched for the messages. She kept scrolling down for a few seconds, until she was satisfied and finally handed the device back to Yeri.

"So, you're trying your best..." Joy mocked her.

"Shut up!" Yeri was not having it. "What the hell do you want? Why didn't you turn me over to the police?"

The brunette took her time and thought about a proper answer. She looked like she wanted to play with the younger girl. Like she wanted to punish her for what she did, but not actually hurt her.

"I want you to tell me literally everything and how the fuck did you end up here, wanting to kill me."

Yeri sighed.

"Good money." she said, but Joy wanted to know more.

It took Yeri almost half an hour to explain everything to her group mate. And although Sooyoung was first looking shocked and intimidated, she was now looking more calm and negotiable.

"Did you like it yesterday?" Sooyoung asked after Yeri finished with her confession.

This question took her by surprise.

"I didn't like the way you treated me at the end."

"You kind of deserved it. But I'm not talking about this. I apologize... I'm talking about that angry sex."

"Yes."

"Yes?" Sooyoung asked her again to be sure that she heard right.

"I fucking like every inch of you. Of course I enjoyed having you between my legs, Joy."

Joy blushed and looked at the floor for a while.

"I want to suggest something." Sooyoung walked to Yeri's bed and sat next to her, with all the courage she had left. After all, she was still afraid of Yeri, but knowing that the blonde had feelings for her, it kind of soothed everything.

Yeri was all ears. After all, she was equally afraid of anything now. She was risking every second she lived in that house.

"Don't kill me." she said, without begging. It was just a plain statement.

Then Yeri looked at her.
"I won't. I can't."

"If it's that important to you, at least run away and I won't say a word."

"If I do anything irrelevant to the initial plan, they're going to execute me. There's no running away from an execution."

"Then kill Son Seungwan! She's equally talented and charismatic." she joked.

"I would only kill her, because she's staring at you like a creep the whole time."

Joy's cheeks turned red again. It was true, she liked Yeri being protective over her, like she did the other day with the fake manager. The brunette really wanted to thank her afterwards, so she gave her a proper treatment in the practice room. For a bit, she forgot about the morning incident, when she found out the messages on Yeri's phone. Deep inside, she knew that the blonde couldn't kill her. She cared about her. Park Sooyoung couldn't be wrong.

Yeri took Joy's hand into hers and started petting it softly. Smelling the scent of this woman made her weak since she first saw her, why resist now that Joy knew everything? After all, she seemed like she was on her side.

"Do you even trust me, Park Sooyoung?" she had the guts to say. Afraid of the answer she might hear, but ready to accept it anyway.

Joy looked her in the eyes, wanting to be honest to her like Yeri was to her before. There was no point in lying anymore, since everything has been exposed.

"I honestly don't know yet. All I know is that I want you and I could do big things for you."

The answer was way better than the blonde expected, but couldn't say anything, since the brunette dragged her to a slow and soft kiss. Yeri's heart was beating faster. It was that feeling that she couldn't live for. What kind of spell had Park Sooyoung put on her?

***

The members were now dinning together, enjoying the food Irene had ordered. A true mom of the group. Yeri took some time to observe all of this and appreciate the moment. Their gathering around the table that night, their usual spots around it, the way they would always hold their fork or drink their wine. It was safe to say that she would miss all of this. And then there was Joy, sitting across her. Her scent reaching her nose, distracting her from focusing on her dinner. All Yeri could think of, was a way to make this woman stay silent, while making love to her that night, so no one would listen. God, she would miss the house and the members. She would miss being Red Velvet Yeri. And then it hit her:

"I have a plan."