Insults

Everyone sat around the table, deciding to make the first Thursday of every month family breakfast, even though they would all forget and not do it when the next time came, but it was the thought that counts. Sam was yelling across the table to Bruce for something, smiling afterwards, Nat and Steve made snarky comments every now and then, and Bucky stayed out of the conversing, glaring at everyone who dared connect eyes. Even Tony was having fun, forgetting how much he had missed the team. There was a few seats empty, but only one person came to mind; Peter. Sure enough he groggily walked out, dried tears laced his eye lashes and old fear coated his face.

"Hey bud" Natasha smiled, getting up to help him fix a plate. He graciously thanked her, following her and helping. Tony cleared the area next to him, where an empty seat had been placed. He turned and watched as the teen sat, instantly slouching and picking at his food. Frowning, he decided to change the topic.

"Where's thunder thighs?"Tony questioned getting a few laughs out of the nick name.

"Oh, every morning he makes two plates and eats with Loki" Clint said, walking into the room, smelling the food and grabbing another plate.

"Yeah, it's kinda sweet actually, and we've invited both out here many times, but they like their brother time" The fiery red head continued.

"When does he come back?" Tony questioned further.

"It varies, from thirty minutes to three hours, depending on how much they both have to do, or if they like each other that day" Clint sat next to Bruce and Steve, digging in.

"What happens when they don't like each other?" This time Peter's voice could be heard, startling everyone, but they tried hiding it.

"Well he still goes in, they just don't talk, and not for as long. Thor just doesn't want Lok to feel lonely I guess" Steve stood up, smiling then rinsing out his plate. Bucky followed, being his shadow and following him to the gym.

"Brother of the year" Sam got up next, but carelessly put his dish into the sink and left, most likely to train.

Everyone agreed, getting up one at a time, leaving Peter and Tony and Clint alone at the table.

"How did you sleep?" Tony asked, giving a friendly smile, standing up and walking over to the kitchen, but still listening.

"Good" Peter muffled, hanging his head low.

"Oh, Then why did I find you having a nightmare and sleeping with the light on?" Tony walked closer, looking more concerned then angry.

"People can still sleep well while not having the best of dreams, and I fell asleep with it on" Peter lousily explained, exploding up from his seat and going to the sink, trying to get away from his father.

"Peter please, tell me what happened" Tony followed, but giving the boy space.

"I already told you, I tripped" The boy growled, grabbing his backpack and walking to the door.

"Oh please, we all know that isn't true" The man sighed, leaning agast a wall, watching Peter get ready to leave.

"Well it is"

"When you come home today can you tell me?" Tony pleaded.

"Why is it so important?" Peter sighed, now making eye contact.

"Because I want you to trust me"

"Well begging me won't get you anywhere" The teen opened the door, swinging it to a crack, then slowly reopening it once again. "Good bye" He said quickly, closing the door fully when he was returned the phrase.

Tony walked back to the table, eyeing Clint who obviously was trying to keep a straight face and avoid looking at the man.

"Oh shush" The brunette rolled his eyes, storming out to the couch area where Bruce, Nat and now Wanda and Vision sat.

"Just give him time" Rominoff said, her back turned, facing towards the group. Tony gave an annoyed, but defeated face, looking at the others, who just hopelessly nodded their heads, knowing she was right. Giving up, he walked to his room, getting some papers before doing lab work, then he ran into Thor quietly walking out of his brothers room.

"Why hello there" The god exclaimed, seeming way too happy.

"Hey Thor, I have a question" Tony placed a hand on the taller man's shoulders, taking him to the side of the hallway. "So when you and the other you" The brunette motioned towards the room that held the other god "is having a fight, how do you get through it?"

"Funny for you to ask" Thor smiled, earning a questionable face in return. "It's actually not that funny, but anyways, I just let him get through it lonesome, but still being by my brother, I very much dislike when he's alone and going through the things he goes through, so sometimes I don't talk, but he can still feel my presence" The blondes hands wafted through the air, shooting his musk directly into Tony's space.

"Steve's not the only one who needs to shower" The sassy remark made Thor's jumbled smiled turn into the straightest annoyed face possible.

"Thor is that you?" Bruce yelled, attracting the huge man to the huge room where the others sat, leaving Tony alone in the hall.

"You know, his advice is valid" A skeptical voice came from the door, which was now open and had a tall, thin man leaning against it.

"And I'm listening to you why?" He spat back, still not loving the idea of the man before him communicating.

"Because I know what's it's like to be abandoned you mortal" Loki clenched his jaw, trying to keep down his nerves for the boys sake.

"Please, you only know what it's like to abandon, you 2013 hot topic emo girl" Tony rolled his eyes, starting to turn away.

"If I were you, I would put your materialistic ego away and listen, surely the boy is worth a minute of your time" The taller man kept his ground, not backing down.

"Oh my god" The brunette sighed under his breath, turning and giving the fakest smile that was possible, overly exaggerating his wanting to be here. "Go ahead"

"Tone it down, you're not my cup of tea either. But the kid feels abandoned possibly, and if that's true, you need to help him, or it'll get worse" Sincerity coated his green eyes at the last part.

"What kind of worse?" Tony asked, now actually intrigued and concerned.

"You mortlings really have no brain do you?" Loki sighed, putting his head in his hands from disappointment.

"Will you stop insulting me and tell me?"

"It's not insulting you if I'm describing you" A smirk crept over the gods face, giving him the mischief name his acquired.

"You know it's better to let people think that you're an idiot than to actually open your mouth and prove it" Tony bickered back, realizing that the other had no more wisdom to spare, or just didn't feel like giving it up.

"You know, people say you're bad, but in reality, you're much, much worse" Loki turned to his room, starting to walk in.

"Please stop trying to be a smart ass, you're just an ass" Tony turned too, still yelling, walking to his room.

"Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!" Loki slowly closed the door, so he could still hear the last of the other's come back.

"You must've been born on the highway, that's where most accidents happen!" Tony gave a small backhand wave, continuing to his room. Once he heard the door click, he shook his head, smiling and laughing for the insults, proud of what he came up with on the spot. He grabbed the needed paperwork, and went down to his lab, not really thinking about the blueprints, but Peter. That's all he seem to ever be thinking about.