Brooms And Outbursts

Sweat started to absorb in the thick cloth of the white coat Bruce was clad in. He had been in the painfully lit box room with a bloody unconscious Tony laying besides him. They both had been in there for almost a full day. The sleeping man still had a steady pulse, even though during the surgery it had dropped a few times, but for the past few hours things seem to have been getting better, even though Bruce looks like a disaster. He had been in a trance when a soft, yet stern knock erupted from the door.

He looked around, remembering where he was, then groaning, moseying over to the solid door, and turning the cold, metal handle, showing a taller, older man.

"Strange" He called out, exhaustion coating his assertiveness.

"Banner" His wise, elegant accent felt foreign to Bruce, as all he's been hearing was the same few people the hospital had on duty.

"What brings you here?"

"I heard about Tony and wanted to know how he was doing" Strange walked past the tired man, and kneeled down to Tony's level, eyeing him.

"Look, now is not a really good time" Bruce started to plead, only to be cut off by a scoff from the other man.

"And when will it be a good time?" A sassy chuckle rang at the end of his sentence.

Only silence was greeted to his rhetorical question. After a few moments Bruce had already given up, deciding to fill in the Wizard on his state. "He has a steady pulse, but shows no signs in waking up, which is a bit alarming" The old comedic voice of Banner started showing up, once he became comfortable with the new person in the room.

"They usually never do" Strange whispered underneath his breath, not so much of rudeness, but out of concentration.

"I totally forgot you were a surgeon!" The shorter man exclaimed, a bit too loud for their present setting.

"Yeah, yeah, before I was an idiot and got into my own crash" Steven stood up, now a little less tense than before.

"Wow you two are kinda similar" Bruce awed in amazement.

"Oh shush, I'm better than he is" Strange have a glare, then sat down next to Bruce.

"So what really brings you here?" Seriousness layered his usually goofy voice.

"The assassin asked me to"

"Which one?"

"The scary one"

"Okay so Nat, go on"

"She asked me to be here when he wakes up, so I can share my story or some hippie thing like that. She also wanted my help around the compound"

   "So did you ride you magic broom here?"

    "My magic what?"

   "Broom, all witches have one"

   "I'm not a witch"

   "Your outfit says otherwise"

   "Okay fine, would you like me to put that that broom up your-"

   "Doctor Banner- Oh hello" A nurse barged in, becoming off guard with the nerdy cosplayer.

   "Dr. Strange" He said from the corner, a smug smile in his face.

   "Yes of course" Confusion trailed at the end of her sentence, but eventually she went back to her point. "All the tests that we could do came back mostly positive, just elevated white blood cells from stress and a few other blood work related issues" She handed Bruce the chart for him to examine on his own time.