Will You Please Tell Me

Everyone was doing their own thing when a knock on the door sounded out, taking everyone on the main level out of their trances. Only Natasha, Wanda, and Sam stayed on the floor, all of them silent and curios when they heard the beating on the metal door. Everyone gave confused looks, with occasional shrugs. Wanda took the initiative and walked over, carefully opening the door, letting out a sigh when she saw a familiar brunette teen walk in. 

   "Boy, you half scared us" Her normal bright tone laughed, shutting the door and returning back to her daily business.

   "Well it's four, and that's when I usually get here" He shrugged, walking straight to the kitchen.

   "Yeah, we're just not used to a kid in the compound I guess" She cut off the conversation, not needing anymore out of the kid.

   "Hey Mrs. Natasha?" Peter questioned, setting his backpack down and digging through it, pulling out a piece of paper. Once he got a hum in return, he continued. "Where's Mr. Stark?" His black eye was doing better, less noticeable, but still faint.

   "Lab? I know he went down there after you left, but I haven't seen him since" She looked back, seeing a worry wash over the teens features, but quickly falling off, as if he could've wiped them. "Something bothering you?" She questioned, already knowing the answer.

   "No, not really, just need him to sign something" Peter gave a pathetic smile, motioning to the paper and walking before she could answer. He went into the lift, giving a sarcastic wave to the assassin, who just gave a glare back, being cut off by the sliding doors. Peter pressed the correct button, taking him down a few floors and came to a stop. Once he was allowed to leave the closed space he took a deep breath, not sure how he was going to bring up the harshness the paper brought. He walked a few steps, looking around and seeing Tony in deep concentration, most likely working on a new gadget. "Hey, uh, Mr. Stark?" He awkwardly waddled closer, not trying to intrude, but needing his intention.

   "Oh, hey, sorry, I'm just finishing up, and how many times have I told you, it's Tony" The older man waved his hand, motioning the boy closer to investigate.

   "Oh sorry, so since you're my legal guardian, I need you to sign something" Peter peered closer, still trying his best to seem friendly when all he wanted to do was be alone.

   "Yeah, sure, what is it?" Tony asked, but seemed to be not paying attention.

   "Oh nothing, really" 

   Tony finally came out of his work and met the boy in the eyes, a quirked eyebrow raised. "Lemme see" He stuck out his hand, waiting for the paper to be placed in his palm.

   Giving a final grimace, the teen hesitantly placed the paper, sparing himself for the stern talk he was about to get.

   "You got an F?" Tony asked, dumbfounded.

   "Yeah" Peter rubbed his arm, embarrassed, not wanting to hear anyone talk poorly about him again.  

   "Kid, what's going on? This is unlike you, I've heard you brag about your grades to Happy before. And you have three weeks left, finish strong, not get lazy" Tony harshly threw the paper on the table by his latest project, giving his full attention to the nervous boy in front of him.

   "Wait, what? I thought Happy didn't give you my calls, he's called them dumb many times?" Peter asked, now side tracked. 

   "He doesn't, but you're suit does, but that's irrelevant, now, please tell me, what is going on?"

    "Please, Mr. Stark" The teen pleaded, knowing that the older man understood the silent second half of his asking.

   "No, Pete, it's affecting you this much, I don't want it to go any further" Tony now was the one with the pleas, trying to get the boy to understand.

   "You wouldn't be able to get it" Peter mumbled, suddenly angry from being forced to talk.

   "Try me" 

   "I-I just can't" Peter rashly turned away, speed walking to the elevator. 

   "This kid is actually going to be the death of me" Tony whispered to himself, wide eyed from amazement. "Who knew boys got their period" He grabbed the paper, and went upstairs once the lift was empty, not sure how he was going to get the teen to trust him. The doors opened with a happy ding, letting the man know he was at his destination. He walked off, looking at everyone in the room, then continuing to the boy's room. It was a short walk, but once he got in front of the door, he hesitated, not knowing what to do. He was about to knock when he heard small wheezes, creating panic in the mans heart. Not even knocking first, he opened the door, revealing Peter on the ground in a ball shaking. Tony practically leaped next to his side, instantly hugging the kid and soothing him.

   "Hey, kid, it's alright, shh... shh" He cooed, rubbing his hand against the teens back.

   No words left Peter's mouth, just small chocked sobs. He shook, but it wasn't that intense, the stern hands of the older being able to stop most of it. 

   They stayed like this for awhile, Tony shushing him every now and then, and not letting go of the boy. Peter had started slowing down, and so his breathing and his tears. Once his brain was able to process everything, he gently pushed off Tony and gave a quiet "Thank you" and "I'm fine", getting onto his knees, giving space between the two.

   "So, you ready to talk about it now?" The older asked, a little bit of sarcasm coated his voice.

   Pete gave him an annoyed look, but cracked it with a small smile from the originality of the man. Giving a small sigh, he started. "I'm just scared, like what if what happened" He gave a little forced tilt, trying to get the man next to him to understand what he meant without saying it. "What if it happens again? That's all that can go through my mind, during class, and here. I'm only fifteen and I'm a murderer" He whispered the last part as if someone was trying to hear in.

   "I hope you know you live with a few assassins, a former villain, literal gods, enhanced humans, someone who's mind was brain washed to kill, and me, who hasn't had the cleanest of slates" He laughed, scooting closer to the boy, putting his arm around his shoulders and giving a reassuring squeeze. "And don't forget about Banner, he's the worst of everyone" Peter gave a look that resembled a question mark, making the man continue on. "He's a boring scientist and an angry green bean, he kills brain cells when he's normal, and the rest of you when he's angry" 

     "Oh" Peter lightly laughed. "I just never thought that I would do it this early, and I was even on patrol!" He yelled out, furthering his point.

   "Well at least you now got it out of the way" Tony shrugged. "And when" The older man gave a questioning glare to the boy, trying to find the right words. "If  you return to the suit, it won't be so hard, because if you're ever in danger, you won't hesitate to do it"

   The teen looked down to his hands, thinking about what the other had just say. Was he going to go back, or should he just leave it behind? 

   A stomach rumbling caught them both off guard. "Was that you or me?" The older asked. In return with a unknowing look from the boy, he continued. "Well whoever it was, we're obviously both hungry, now how about some dinner?" Peter instantly nodded his head, getting up and offering a hand to Tony, in which he scuffed in return. "You really think that I need help? I'm not that old" He pouted, getting up and rubbing off any dirt that may have gotten on him, giving Peter a sassy look and left to inform the other Avengers about a dinner plan.