Tricking The Trickster

Loki walked up to the door, a million things going through his trickster mind, not quite sure what his plan was. He heard sobs, but it didn't surprise him, as he knew how the teen was by his few observations.

"Hello" He called from the other side of the door, his voice shook, becoming scared of the next few minutes to come.

"Not right now" The voice came back, more stern then the God was ready for.

Rage suddenly filled up the tall mans chest from the command, but quickly resides with a few deep breaths. He opened the door, leaking his way in, feeling, and looking awkward as he made his way to the kids side.

   "Hello?" His voice erupted the silence, kindness and insecurity coating his words.

"Go away" a muffled voice returned, hidden by a pillow.

"Listen, I know you're upset, but you can't hide forever" A sigh escaped at the last bit.

   "What if I want to hide?"

   "Rhetorical I'm hoping?" He scoffed back, attitude taking over his sincerity.

   The teen finally raised his head, looking annoyed, but sad from the softness in his features. "What're you even doing here?"

   "Well if you must know, I'm here to comfort you"

   "Well you're doing a great job" Peter rolled his eyes, throwing his face back into the plush of his bed.

   "Sarcasm, duly noted."  Loki took a few seconds of the silence to evaluate, realising he was letting his pride get in the way of his mission. "Okay, do you want to, you know, talk? About what... happened?" He danced around his words, trying to search in his vocabulary for the correct ones.

   "No"

   An annoyed expression crossed the mans face, but was quickly wiped off with concentration. "Okay, I'll get to the point. I don't know how to help, I'm useless" Loki walked over, sitting on the bed next to where the teen laid.

   "No, you're kidding" Peter didn't even try to hide the harshness of his tone, getting bitter every minute the man stayed bothering him.

   "Your tone is not wanted, but I'll except it. I want you to be better, no one likes when you're like this"

   "So I'm a burden" This was more of an insult than a question.

   "What? No" Loki was taken aback, not knowing what to do.

   "Well it's what you said" Peter sat up, now having fun with confusion on the tricksters mind.

   "What? No it's not!" The gods voice started to raise, not liking that he was being outsmarted by a fifteen year old.

   "Uh, yeah it is" Some chuckles melted their way through his words.

   "Stop twisted my words"

   "Not twisting when they were bluntly said to my face"

   "Wow you're good" Loki hesitated, but gave a small, fragile smile, a genuine one too.

   After a few moments of silence, the playful aura was gone and the boy was now back to his previous state.

   "I hope you know Tony's going to be alright" The taller man looked down to the weakened looking boy, concern and empathy coating his eyes, but Peter couldn't see it.

   "How are you sure though? It's all part of the Parker Curse"

   "The Parker what?"

   "Parker Curse. It follows me, hurting or even killing, everyone I love"

   "Any proof?"

   "My parents, uncle, aunt, and now Tony" The soft boys eyes glistened under the transitioning light as he looked up to the trickster.

   "Quite a list you got there, but no, Tony is fine, no matter how much it pains me to say this, I know he won't leave this useless planet for awhile" A reassuring smile, and a small nod of the mans head gave the boy some hope.

   "Thank you" Was all that was said, leaving them in content silence. Only half a minute passed before it broke.

   "So why Parker?" Loki asked breaking the silence with innocent confusion.

   A 'Are you stupid' look formed on Peter's face, not sure if he was kidding or not. "It's my last name?"

  The realisation came over Loki, almost as if you could see him put on a mental dunce cap. "Oh" A few muffled laughs came from the other. "So now that I feel like a complete idiot, I'll just excuse myself" He stood up, making a few grand gestures and walked out. Before shutting the door he whispered one last thing. "It's okay to cry, it's good for the soul" He gave one last smile then shut the door, leaving the teen in isolation.

   A few seconds pass and Peter starts remembering Tony's state, knowing that Loki isn't a fortune teller and that they both had utterly no clue on how Tony was. The lack of knowledge was horrible, especially when it comes to a loved one and their health. Tears sprung back up, layering the dried ones that had been left. The next fees hours would be brutal.

   I have high school volleyball tryouts in a few days and I'm so nervous, y'all wish me luck