Discovery

Two days has past and the current date is Tuesday the 25th, I have been silent and isolated myself from my friends. Technically, they are not my friends anymore as they do not remember who I am. I can see that there was a replacement from where I sat on the table, outside on the plaza area. I am still going to Harrison Guild High School as it is, or was, my second home before I arrived into this timeline. Since the year is two years ahead from my original timeline, I was able to find out that I was going to have to be a junior again if I wanted to stay with the group of friends I once had. This whole new routine is what I have to follow, for now. I need to figure this place out more if I want to fit in and be able to reconnect with my friends. I still dream of them and memories that I cherish so much of them. It hurts to not be able to just go up to them and say hi without any awkwardness or uncomfortable tension. My friends were one of the reasons why I decided to take this path and I must respect the outcome of my choice, yet I do not feel so confident with my decision as usual.

School has already ended, so I was left back to dragging myself back to my home all alone again. I do have to capacity of venturing off in the city on my own; but like I keep reminding myself, I need to blend in more than to just jump right out of the gates of hell and wreak havoc with my own insecurities and personality. I still do not think that I even have a personality and just overthinking about everything. "Calm down. It is just a freedom that I am open to whenever I want," I keep reminding myself mentally. I then started to walk out to breathe in the fresh air of breeze; hinting that spring is on its way to Natorro.

I decided to walk to the nearby local library to see if I can find a decent history book that does not require an understanding to crazy words that do not matter to us anymore. Once I made it to the library, I greeted by one of the nice librarians as I returned the gesture. This library used to look old, judging by the reopening sign, and went under a process to be modernized and updated with modern structure buildings have nowadays. The interior looks pretty good with faintly blue colored walls, a decently good amount of capacity, rows of dark oak shelves with books placed in order from author's last name in alphabetical order, titled categories and genres taped neatly to the right sides of the shelves, a sitting area with matching dark oak tables and chairs across from the entrance, and the sweet honey colored carpet that fills the floor; despite the small portion at the entrance of the library having royal blue tile.

I looked around for a while to search through the science fiction area, since I love the science fiction genre and in love with Star Wars. after a good few minutes, I started to look for the history genre. upon arrival and searching, I managed to find one that just talks about the entire United States history. Taking it to the sitting area, I made sure the no one was watching me or even notice that I was still present and decided to activate my power. I unlocked the ability to harness the speed force from The Flash in the DC comics and shows. This allowed me to scan through the whole book with great speed and absorb the whole information through my mind; but just like the Flash, he can temporarily hold all the information in for a period of time before dispersing. It took me a minute to finish reading through the book twice in a row to have the important details that I need.

Apparently, this world has already been exposed to the supernatural as there was two Gifted's and four followers. according to this book, both of the Gifted are always women and no record shows of a male Gifted; then they have a time limit to possess their powers and use it however they want. This time frame is fifty years long! Both of the Gifted are followed by four followers known as the ArcGuards. Usually they were suppose to balance out the power of the Gifted, but now they have the choice to pick a side and follow whichever Gifted they wanted to be their master. Interesting enough, the ArcGuards only has the power to summon an ArcBlade and use it to cast spell of magic that can be either fire, ice, earth, wind, gravity manipulation, conduct electricity, and have the ability to transform their ArcBlade into their inner weapon. Now this is interesting as it takes a long while for an ArcGuard to achieve this ability as it is arduous to find one's own true weapon to wield with great skill.

The origins of these powers dates back to the time of the aftermath of the eventful Crucifixion. Though, it is said that this is the first appearance of these super beings and small evidence shows that they were born before Jesus Christs birth and could have been in secret for who knows how long. This information is really overwhelming to me as it is a big mystery that just needs to be explored more in depth and uncovered to know why this is the way these powers were created. The rest of the information was the wars that had occurred that were caused by normal human beings or by one of the Gifted. Then there is a section that shows the small family like tree of the Gifted and the ArcGuards over the course of time. The last one is the current Gifted named Jennifer McCormick and the other is Janice Valentine. I can care less with the ArcGuards names as I will not meet any of them any time soon. I can say know that I got brief history lesson with the way this world works now.

I went back to the history section to place the book back to its proper placement and left. Waving a goodbye to the librarian before making my way back to my house on foot. The sun was falling off the edge of the world to let the darkness of night take over for the rest of the next twelve hours. When I arrived home, I just ate my usual Luck Charms and got dressed for bed. I then faced the mirror and spoke out loud "no matter what life has in store for you Kyle, but I know for sure that our little strange mind will be able to survive from the dangers to come our way." 

I gave myself a firm nod and lunged into my bed for the night; thinking of what to expect later on for my life.