An Old Friend, New Enemy

Four days has past by since I last saw Aaron. I still feel kind of bad for being an asshole and complicated to him, but I am learning to open up a little and be less defensive about things that involves me. I know that I got myself into this mess with them by helping, but what else do I have to do that is important.

In a way, I did feel the need to drag myself into a situation that did not concern me as much as it is to others. "It is not like I did this that first time after all," I thought to myself with a reminder of my previous interventions in the past. For a shy guy, I do a terrible job at it some times.

I am currently back at school, it was lunch time again and I am hang out on my usual spot where I can see everyone. I can see that Joseph was having a blast today with the rest of the group. I used an ability to heighten my sense of hearing and I can hear all of their voices; the happiness in their voice, the warm nature they share, the comfortable atmosphere they surround themselves in, and the everlasting bond they obtain with each other. I miss all of that.

I was surprise to hear that the stranger, who replaced me, can make better jokes than me and knows how to keep a conversation going on a topic he brought up. He was a better version of me or maybe he is just a person of his own with similar qualities I have. I did not feel angry towards him no more; I feel depressed and glad at the same time. 

I am depressed with the fact that I will no longer be making memories with my friends no more, but I do feel glad that they did not change at all now that I am gone to them. "They seem to be better off without me anyways," I mumbled under my breathe to make it sound like I admitted to the change.

"STOP! PLEASE!" A familiar squeaky voice shouted from the edge of the school. It was a very faint noise to the normal ear; but thanks to my heighten hearing, I was able to hear it and pinpoint the location.

I got up and went to investigate the source of the pleading. I went through the building, where the cafeteria is at, and made my way through it to get to the right side of the school. The right side of the school (outside) is very wide and is comprised of a football field covering the very end edge of the premises, a decent soccer field, a baseball field across from the soccer field, and a building in the center of all of the fields that has been used for concession and as a snack bar. The voice was located at the football field, under the bleachers. I made my way to the area as quickly as possible, mentally preparing myself and getting ready for another intervention.

Once I made it to the underside of the bleachers, I was horrified to see two girls hovering over a girl that was on her knees. The girl on her knees was Angelica! One of my closest friends too.

"What are you two doing?!" I spoke to the two girls with great irritation in my tone.

"Dude I do not know what you are doing, but I advice you to leave us alone or pay the consequences." One of the girls said to me in a threatening tone.

"I get it now. You two are those sad, stupid, and pathetic girls that wants to enforce pain to whoever is weak because you guys are weak yourself on all levels of life." I spat out to them without hesitation.

"Shut the fuck up bitch. We do not even know who you are loner." The same girl spatter back at me. At that moment, the silent one turned to Angelica and kicked her in the stomach. Angelica groaned as she held her stomach with both of her hands, laying on her back with tears forming on her eyes. This enraged me.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" I basically shouted at them and charged at the girl who kicked Angelica.

I immediately grabbed her by the arm and threw her to the other girl, knocking them down to the floor, and they had terrified expression from my great speed and strength. They both were able to stand up and charge at me with raised fists. I can see the sloppy form they were using to attack me and all I did was sucker punch them on the stomach with fierce speed. They were flew across the Bleachers to edge of it.