Back to School

Three weeks later, the date is February the 15th and there has not been much progress in my life. Today is the day that I have the courage to talk to one of my friends. His name is Joseph Rodriguez, he was the closest friend I ever had that felt like a brother to me. I was the only lone child of the family, but I soon kept myself busy with dreams and imagination that I still have as of right now. This loneliness I had a long time ago was starting to fade once I met Joseph. I met Joseph in elementary school and we stayed friends from there to our senior year in high school. 

At first I was shy to him, but I had always been shy around people and quiet before getting to know the individual. He was actually the one to come up to me as he noticed that I was eating lunch alone. He was nice, kind, caring, and pretty funny when we started to talk to each other; after I had built the courage to speak up to him three days later. It was not long until we were close enough to start having hangouts and made plans to go to Peter Piper or Bowling near the neighborhood.

In high school, I started to develop feelings for him that I thought that I never knew were possible to have. I mean I did experiment with my sexuality in my middle school years behind his back, but I could not bare the fact that he might judge me for turning into a faggot. I never told him my sexuality and pretend that I liked girls; even though he did not care about talking about girls like other teenage boys would. He kept most of his personal secrets to himself and I understood that it is his right to keep some things from me as I was doing the same to him.

Now, I regret not coming out to him like I should had as a friend. He was too caring and kind to hate anyone for what they are; yet, I was scared to come out to him and having negative thoughts on how he will react. He is the reason that I was able to make friends of my own and show that I do care about others than myself. Thanks to him, I learned to open up to others and be able to be and feel like a normal human being. After receiving these powers, I had reverted back into my quiet state towards everyone that crosses my way.

As of right now, I am leaning on the wall outside of the school. It was lunch time and I was at the plaza area located outside on the left side of the school. It was relatively small and colored with pine trees around the edges and a fence behind the pine trees to block any students from leaving the premises. mounted tables were scattered near the school as the open field near the pine trees was available to anyone that wants to exercise or play a sport for the rest of the hour we had for lunch. The scattered tables each had an umbrella that is also mounted into the center of the tables to provide shade on these types of seasons where the sun is a little too harsh on us.

The group of friends that I used to be a part of, along with Joseph, were sitting at the table in the middle of the small field and the rest of the sitting area. This is the spot that I would sit at as well. After discovering them on the first week when I woke up to this new timeline, it is appeared that my spot at the table has been taken by another skinny looking guy that dresses nearly the same as me with dark blue skinny jeans and plain t-shirts. I have been wearing a light gray hoodie lately to reflect off my mood and to keep hidden in the shadows of the waves of students and people, but it is weird that I have been replaced by the universe to make things balanced and have a flow still from the new additions I had brought upon us all.

I started to feel anger course throw my body and the many awful scenarios I want to do on that replacement. I wanted to make him suffer for existing in my place and for being the person that I once was for MY friends. I then started to walk over to them; directly staring straight at the replacement with great hate. I started to twirl and twist my fingers to conduct electricity through my hand movements. Passing through tables filled with classmates gossiping about nonsense, I was almost close to them. Five feet across from them, I started to raise my hand slowly to make the strike at my target. 

Then I heard Joseph laugh out loud, the same type of laugh that he has whenever something really funny was said or done to amuse him. 

I broke out of my zombie like state and gestured my raised hand to finish its job by scratching my head and stopped the conductivity process. I stood there embarrassed for a second and speed walk my way to one of the near entrances to the school. I made my way to the bathrooms that is far away from the cafeteria and from every other junior and senior. I hid myself in one of the stalls close to the corner of the restroom and sat there. It took me awhile to cool down my anxiety, but I end up sobbing tears and feeling like I just did something terrible to someone that I care about. "You were going to kill someone that mattered to the people you cared about," I mindfully reminded myself of my decision today.

I stayed in the bathroom sniffling and reflecting on what I was about to do to that person that has replaced me for the rest of lunch. All I did was wash myself up a little and went back into the boring routine I set myself up for the meantime. I just hope I can feel safe going back out to face the world eventually.  "Yeah and become the world's most mysterious boy to live." I scoffed to myself.