SIX

SIX

"All right, since inertia is a subject of which you all know plenty, why don't we start with momentum?" Mr. Harris asked as he had finished writing on the board, I sit next to Scott who was going to talk to Isaac. Isaac had a lot of rage towards the twins. 

"They're here for a reason. Give me a chance to figure it out before you do anything." Scott whispered to Isaac, I bite down on my lower lip nervously. I'm sick of people dying. "Okay?Isaac." 

"Danny, what do we know about momentum?" Danny looked up from his notes. 

"It's the product of mass velocity," Danny replies, I knew Stiles was in this class with us somewhere- he's a bit salty at me because I didn't sit with him and choose Scott over him. "The more massive something is, the faster it's going." 

"Mr. Harris, can I use the bathroom, please?" Isaac asked, looking up from his desk. Mr. Harris made a hand gesture towards the door, allowing him. 

Isaac got up from his seat, and walked towards the door. Scott quickly jumps from his seat. "I have to go to the bathroom, too." 

"One at a time," Mr. Harris told Scott. 

"But I really have to go, like, medical emergency have to go." Scott said quickly, bouncing of the top of his feet. 

"Mr. McCall, if your bladder suddenly exploded, and urine began to pour from everyone orifice, I would still respond, one at a time." This is why I hate Mr. Harris. Actually, one of the many, many reasons why I hate him. "Is that enough hyperbole for you, or what you like me to come up with something more vivid?" 

"No. No, that's pretty good." I looked down at the phone that was in my hand under the table, it was a text message from Stiles, asking what's happening. I glanced over at him, and he shrugged. I then start to type back but was cut off. 

Mr. Harris is the worst teacher in the world. Mr. Harris then walked out of the room, and everyone followed. "What is this?" I stand behind Scott and saw Aiden... or the other twin on the ground and Isaac standing there, completely baffled. "What's going on?" 

Danny had skidded to his knees, to see if the twin was okay. "You all right?" 

"He just came at me." I didn't believe a word that boy had just said. I know Isaac, he wouldn't have... would he?  

"Isaac, what the hell did you do?" Mr. Harris asked Isaac. I clenched my jaw. 

✢  

"You know there's a temple in Calcutta here they used to sacrifice a child every day?" Stiles asked as we walked outside in school. "That's every day a dead baby, Stacey, every day! Hey, wanna know what today is? It's dead baby day. Oh, no, wait, that's every day, 'cause every day is dead baby day, yay!" 

I turn to Stiles and chuckle. "Why are you telling me this?" 

"Because Scott's dealing with the Alpha twins." Stiles answers, twins? Alphas? I stopped and looked at Stiles. "You don't know about the twins?" 

"Alphas?" I asked. 

"Ethan and Aiden." I tried to hide my surprise. 

"Oh, yeah." I nodded, and Stiles nodded back. "Yeah, I know about them." 

I continue to walk, and Stiles followed me. "Okay, okay, good. So look, here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the murders come in threes. Accident people love things in threes, right? So first maybe it's three virgins, and then, I don't know, maybe it's three people who own little dogs." 

"Lydia owns a little dog." I reminded Stiles, and he nodded. "I am not telling Lydia to get rid of her dog." 

"Would you just think about telling Lydia to get rid of her little dog?" Stiles asked me quickly. 

"No. And by the way, you cannot discern any pattern by a single data point, so stop trying." I reminded him. 

"Okay, so what, I'm just supposed to wait around and for someone else to die, then?" Stiles suggested. "I'm just supposed to sit there and watch them die? Just wait for them to wither up and die right in front of me-" 

I then grab Stiles t-shirt by surprise and pulled him closer to me, and I crashed my lips together with his. He was surprised and caught off guard, but quickly kissed me back. I closed my eyes and he cupped his hand on my cheek, I then pull my lips apart, and I smiled. 

"Whiter?" I asked with a chuckle. Stiles rolled his eyes. 

"You know what I mean. Die, in just a hideously awful, strangulating, head-bashed in, throat-cutting kind of way, now. Can we kiss again please?" Stiles exhales, and I chuckled, patting his chest and shake my head.