FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN

Stiles, Cora and I were in the Jeep, driving Cora home. I was in the front seat with Stiles, and Cora was in the back. We were on the phone with Allison, she had found something useful.

"Philosophers?" My boyfriend asks Allison over the phone.

"And guardians, which after the last night has to mean something, right?" Allison asked over the phone, Cora leans forward in between the little gap. "Like, law enforcement, right? Stiles, you have to tell your dad. Tell him whatever you need, but you have to get him to believe. Tell your dad. Warn him."

Stiles looks at me for a second, before his eyes go back to the road. "Okay, okay, okay, I know," Stiles said.

"What are you gonna do?" I ask as Stiles hangs up the phone.

"I'm gonna tell him the truth." Stiles turns his head towards me and I smiled. "And I'm gonna need your help."

"Hey, I said I'd be there for you. I'll help you." I told him, grabbing his hand.

I watch Stiles pace around in his room as I sat on his bed, and Sheriff standing by Stiles' desk. "Okay, okay, okay, yes," Stiles mumbled to himself and I raise an eyebrow. Cora sat next to me.

The sheriff then looked between us, and his eyes widen. "Oh, god, Stacey's not pregnant, is she?" Sheriff asks, and I choked on my saliva.

"N-no!" I defend, we haven't even had sex yet. Or a hot makeout session, in ages.

"No..." Stiles' eyes widen, glancing over at me awkwardly, and cleared his throat which made my throat dry. We haven't had time to have sex.

"Stiles?" Sheriff asked.

"Dad, I'm sorry, okay? I'm just... I'm trying to..." Stiles trailed off again. "I'm trying to figure out how to start here."

"Hey, I don't have this kind of time." Sheriff told his son.

"For the last year," Stiles started off. "You've had all these cases, that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean, all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these murders right now. It's like... it's like you've been playing a losing game."

"Stiles, the last thing I need right now, is a job performance review from my own son." Sheriff cuts him off and I bite on my tongue.

"I know." Stiles sighs. "Okay, see, that's just it, Dad." Stiles walked over and grabbed a chest board form a pile of books on his shelf. He walked over to his dad with the chess board in his hands. "The... The reason you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board." Stiles puts the chess on the table and opens it. "I need to show you the whole board.

I look at the desk, Stiles had put out the chess board with the players and some sticky notes saying who they are and what they are. "Scott and Derek are werewolves?" Sheriff slowly said.

"Yes." Stiles sighed.

"And Kate Argent is a werewolf?" Sheriff asked.

"Hunter," Stiles explained. "That's... purple hunter."

"Along with Allison and her father," I add from the bed. Sheriff and Stiles were sitting at Stiles' desk.

"Yeah, and my friend Deaton, the veterinarian, is a Kanima?" Sheriff asked and I sighed.