TEN

TEN

"Good morning." Ms. Blake spoke to our class. I sit next to Stiles in chemistry. "As you all know Mr. Harris is still missing. I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so, let's get started, shall we?"

Under the table, Stiles' hands quickly into mine and placed onto his lap.

Stiles nudged me a little, and I looked over at him. "Hey, my dad said that ER attending wasn't strangled, but did die from asphyxiation." My heart jumped at how low his voice was, it got my heart racing. "They just don't know how."

I nodded slowly, taking it in. We were quite close to one another. "Do you think the on-call doctor could be still alive?" I whisper I could feel our thighs brushed against each other gently.

Stay cool, Stacey, stay cool.

"I don't know." Stiles mumbles. "But, Stacey, there's gotta be a least 20 other doctors in that hospital. At least. You know? And any one of them could be next."

I then felt my phone buzz, and my eyes widen and I quickly grab my phone out of my pocket. I look down at who was calling me, it was Deaton. Deaton knows I have class now... unless it's really important...

"Hey, Deaton." I whisper, trying to not get caught. "I'm in class right now. Can I call you back later?"

"Unfortunately, no." Deaton's voice said over the phone. I frown deeply. "I honestly thought I might never have to burden you like this, but I'm afraid at the moment, you're my only hope. I'm going to be taken. I need you to find me." The phone then hangs up and my eyes widen.

"Deaton, Deaton, what's happening?" I whisper into the phone, removing a lose stranged of hair. I realized he hung up on me.

And then it hits me.

Deaton was going to be sacrificed. He's a healer. I sit up, my eyes were watery with tears. The sound of my chair scarps along the ground in a high pitch frequency, I collected my stuff together and pushed it into my bag and zipped it up.

You are not having a panic attack.

Tears were dripping down my cheeks and I walked towards the door. "Ms. McCall?" Ms. Blake called unsurely, I need to find Deaton.

I start to hyperventilate as I walk down the hallways, I felt like I couldn't breathe. My throat felt tight. Deaton is taken- I need to find him.

"Stacey?" I hear the sound of my boyfriend's voice fill my ears. I shove off my bag and it drops to the ground. I turn around to him with wide eyes. I need to find him. "Stacey, oh, my god!" Stiles came running towards me, who soon wrapped his hands around my arms. "What's wrong? What is it? What's causing you to have a panic attack?"

"I- I don't... I-" I couldn't speak, my breathing was heavier, tears spilling down my cheeks. "M-make it st-stop,"

"Shh, shh come here." Stiles leads me down the hallway.

As we pass our classroom, we hear; "Ms. McCall! Mr. Stilinski!"

It was starting to get harder to breathe. I was closing in. Stiles leads me to the boy's locker room and sits me down against a locker.

"Remember what we did we were little? Breathing in and out... come on, Stace," Stiles pleaded. We used to get panic attacks when we were kids, and we always helped each other out. Stiles' eyes were frantically rapping around my face, I was still panicking.

Stiles then cupped his hand around my cheek and he pressed his lips roughly against mine. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath, my chest rising. My arms wrap around the base of his neck and pulled us closer.