NINETEEN

NINETEEN 

"I can't believe it." Lydia said. Stiles and I stand in Lydia's room, as she was sitting on her bed. Lydia looked at me. "I don't believe it. Scott can't really be with them. He can't be." 

"You didn't see the look on his face, though. It was..." Stiles trailed off. 

"Then what can I do?" Lydia asked. I put my hand around my neck and rubbed it. I was almost strangled to death. Why is this hitting me now? "I mean, I get that me and Stacey are some sort of, like, human Geiger counter for death. But neither of us know how to turn it on and off yet."

"Yeah, all I know that is she tried to kill because..." I trailed off, realizing what she said to me. 

"Because of what?" Stiles turns his head towards me. "Hey, Stacey, what?" 

"When she called me a Banshee, me and Lydia. She was surprised by it. What if that's not why she tried to kill me? What if she was after Lydia next?" I asked. 

"Then why did she?" Stiles asked. 

"That's what we need to find out." Lydia said. 

Stiles, Lydia, and I walk down the stairs of our school on the same day. "Aiden isn't texting me back." Lydia said, as I walk in between them. Stiles then stop, and I stop, turning around. Stiles looks around, nervously. 

"Okay, well maybe we could just..." I was cut off by a phone vibration, it was Stiles' phone. Stiles gets out his phone and he looks down at it. "What?" I step forward. "Oh, god, what is it now?" 

Stiles licked his lips nervously. "It's from Isaac." Stiles looked at me. "Jennifer, she... she has Allison's father, she took him. She's got all three now." 

I notice that Stiles' hands start to shake his he puts his phone in his pocket. "There's still time. We still have time, right?" Lydia asked, stepping forward. I notice Stiles' breathing pattern, his breathing was heavy and shakily, looking around like he wanted to cry. He gasps. 

"Stiles?" I ask softly. "You okay?" He looks around confused and scared, and he turns around. "What is it? What's wrong? Is it a panic attack, are you having a panic attack?" Stiles nodded quickly, and I grab his hand quickly. 

"I'm... I'm having a panic attack." Stiles lets out shakily. 

"Come on," I quickly drag him down the hallways, and into the boy's locker room. 

"Stace!" I hear Lydia call, but I ignored her. 

I took him down to the boy's locker room, and I help Stiles' take off his bag and dump it on the ground and settle him down against the locker. Stile was panting frantically, which made me worry. We used to get panic attacks when we were kids, with Stiles mum died and my father left, it triggered us. 

"Just try and think about something else, anything else." I plead. 

"Like what?" Stiles asks, his breathing high pitched and fast. 

"Happy things, good things, friends, family..." I wince. "Oh, I mean, not family. Um, think about me. Stiles? Hey, baby, think about me." I cup hand around his face, staring into his eyes. "Breathe with me, Stiles. Try slow your breathing with mine, okay? Baby, come on, do this with me." 

He gasps. "I can't... I can't." He was hyperventilating, making me worried. 

"Sh, sh, Stiles look at me." I whisper. Holding your breath helps a panic attack, so when you kissed me, you held your breath. Stiles word's flash through my mind, and before I know it, I connected my lips onto his. He held his breath. I close my eyes and pressed my body against his and he forced me onto his lap. 

My legs are wrapped around him. I slowly pulled away, when his breathing was back to normal and I smiled. "Ooh. How'd you do that?" Stiles asks, looking at me. 

"I, uh... you told me when I had my panic attack that uh, um, holding your breath helps a panic attack, so when you kissed me, you held your breath." Stiles smiled at me, gratefully, and wrapped his arms around me, and kissed the side of my head. 

"I love you." Stiles mumbled. 

"I love you, too." I hear him sniff, I didn't want him to cry. I want him to be happy.