The cabin in the woods

Trigger warning: Gore, depression and suicide

[16 December 2038  Midday
Gavin: Hostile]

The sound of the snow compressing under his feet and detective Reed's heavy breathing behind him was all that was running through RK900's ears as he ran along the footprints in the snow.

There was no telling how long they went. A few hundred meters, downtown or all the way through the city. They had all night, even if they were just walking.

"W-wait!" detective Reed shouted.

RK900 stopped running and turned. The detective was crouching down and looked like he was about to fall over.

"Detective, we need to move along. The girl can have gotten hurt by now, "

Detective Reed brought his hand up to his chest to lower the rate of his breathing and stood up.

"You're running too fast tin can," he explains frustrated.

[Nickname acquired: Tin can
...
Respond to if addressed by: Gavin Reed]

RK900 looked away frustrated. If detective Reed was going to keep this attitude going it will be a lot harder to do these cases with him.

RK900 walked closer to detective Reed. If he had to put up with him, he was at least going to take advantage of it.

He bowed down grabbed detective Reed's left arm and waist. In one move he lifted him up and bent him over his shoulder.

He put his arm around detective Reed's legs, turned around and began running again.

[Gavin: Hostile -]

"What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing?" detective Reed shouted as he repeatedly hit RK900's back.

RK900 tried to run at the smoothest paste that he could possibly run. The snow wasn't making it any easier.

"I'm making you move faster. With this paste, the chances that we will arrive to find the girl unharmed is raised by 34,5%, " RK900 replied.

Detective Reed stopped hitting him and began using his arms to lift himself up and have better control of his breathing.

"You're not going put me down are you, " he asked.

"Not until we have arrived"

Detective Reed didn't say a word after that to RK900's surprise, but he didn't sound pretty happy either.

After 24,572 meters RK900 spotted some sort of shelter in between the woods. Although it was far away it looked like the footprints stopped there.

RK900 approached it slowly. He began lowering the speed until he was only lightly jogging.

It was a cabin.

It wasn't particularly small, but it was far from big. It was maybe a bit more than ten years old, but it hasn't aged well. It was hard to analyze it from this distance.