Best man

Richard had dropped by the department yesterday to inform Captain Fowler that detective Reed was sick. Ensure Officer Chen that he was going to be okay and received some news that was going to help his relationship with detective Reed.

After that, he quickly checked if there were any new cases. Detective Reed had been quite productive last month, but there was quite a few.

Once he was done he left and charged up at Cyberlife.

[30 April Morning
Gavin: Tense
Connor: Friend]

"Good morning, Nines, " Connor said as Richard passed him on his way to the breakroom. Detective Reed had yet to arrive so he figured that he'd make coffee for him.

It's wasn't the healthiest drink for him, but if he made anything else it would probably end up in the trash.

>Are you trying to ignore me?< Connor asked Richard. He was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed, looking quite upset. >Why would you think that?<

Richard pressed a button on the coffee machine so the cup began filling up. >You haven't even talked to me the past days. Is this because of Reed?<

>Of course, it's because of detective Reed<

>What has he done that- ARE you making him coffee?<

Richard rolled his eyes at Connor. >Coffee is a good source of caffeine and it will help him get ready for work<

>If you are trying to kill him I can give you many better options than this<

>I'm not trying to kill him Conn-<

"Then why are you giving him coffee! You don't care for him do you?"

>You are acting like a child. If you're not interested in keeping this a quiet and civil conversation then I'm out<

Richard pressed the stop button on the coffee machine and removed the cup. He then carefully placed a plastic lid on top and put it down on the counter.

>I don't care for him more than my job makes me. He's the biggest asshole I've met my whole life<

>You've only lived for five months<

>And they have been packed with criminals left and right. The thing is-<

Richard was abruptly interrupted by the sound of the entrance door opening and loud banter.

Officer Chen and detective Reed were here.

"I have to go," Richard told Connor as he grabbed the coffee cup and walked over to them.

"Nines?!"

They both seemed quite upbeat so Richard figured that she hadn't told him yet. If she wasn't going to he was.

"Good morning detective," he said in a cheerful tone. It was really out of character and by the look on detective Reed's face, it was also quite noticeable.

"We should start working as quickly as possible,"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever dipshit, I'll just get my coffee first,"

They were about to head to the breakroom but Richard stretched out his hand and showed the hot cup.

"I've already made coffee for you,"

[Gavin: Tense+]

"Fine, I'll start,"

Detective Reed's grabbed the cup rolled his eyes and walked over to his desk. Richard was about to walk over to him when Officer Chen grabbed his arm.

"I know what you're doing Rich. Please don't tell him,"

She looked genuinely concerned, but it would be better if Detective Reed knew right away. "I'm sorry. You had your chance,"

Detective Reed set down at the desk and opened his cup. He was probably inspecting to check if Richard had put anything in it.

Richard walked over to him and set down in the chair nearby. He glanced back at officer Chen. She didn't look happy at all.

"Detective? I need to talk to you,"

Detective Reed looked back at him.

"What is it?"

His tone was quite off he didn't sound angry.

"Officer Chen might not have told you this but she's getting married,"

"What the fuck are you talking about," detective Reed didn't look quite happy about what Richard just told him but he chose to continue

"She told me yesterday that her partner had proposed to her two weeks ago. I figured you wanted to know,"

Detective Reed didn't answer and just stared into nothing. Richard noticed that his stress rate had gone up and snapped his fingers in front of detective Reed's face.

"I need to talk to Tina," he said as he quickly stood up and walked over to the desk. Once they began getting pretty loud Richard decided to join them.

"How the fuck did you think- You've only been dating for to months!"

"Actually it's been five years. I never told you because you have always had a negative attitude against androids,"

"What! You've been lying to me for five years! Fuck you, I'm leaving,"

Richard was about to intervene but detective Reed had already passed him. "Officer Chen I'm really so-"

"Shut the fuck up Dick. This is exactly why I didn't want you to do this," Officer Chen screamed back furiously.

"No, I'm glad he did," Detective Reed said.

He grabbed Richard by the arm and dragged him towards the entrance. Everything happened so quickly that Richard went along. He would later regret this choice.

Richard and detective Reed ended up just sitting in Reed's car in an empty parking lot. Detective Reed le out his aggression but bashing on the steering wheel multiple times and letting out muffled screams.

"Can you believe her?" he started. His eyes were wide open so you could clearly see the grey in his iris but his face showed full confusion. "For years she lied to me and told me she wasn't seeing anyone and now she has a fucking fiancée,"

Detective Reed rubbed his hand against his forehead. "Also thanks for telling me by the way. You're a huge dick but I have to give this to you,"

[Gavin: Tense+

Relationship status: Neutral]

"No problem,"

But anyway thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a vote and/or comment, they are highly appreciated and will help support this story. Love you all