five

five

☾☆☽

H A V I N G now been on Sakaar for thirteen years, Sage was beginning to now just get bored of the planet. Ever since Hulk had taken over as the Grand Champion, Sage had been stuck in the Grandmaster's tower like a damsel in distress.

Now having all the time in the world though, Sage could focus on figuring out who she was. She had written down every single dream she ever had, and every time she stumbled over a new power, she wrote down how she had conjured said power. Like when she wanted to hear someone's thoughts, she had to concentrate on that one person only, but when she was vulnerable, voices penetrated her thoughts like venom. It was both painful and very unexciting for her when she could hear every single guards' thoughts on the topic of the Grandmaster and how he chooses to rule.

She sat 'criss-cross-apple-sauce' on her large bed, the notebook laid lightly on her calves, and the pencil she was using was in between her teeth. She was deep in thought, re-reading her noted for the hundredth time that day. She couldn't help it though, she felt like she was so close to figuring out who she was, but no matter how close she got, a skull-splitting headache would stop her.

It was like the universe did not want her to figure out the truth of who she was. She ran a hand down her face, only looking up when she heard someone knock.

A smile crossed over her face when Valkyrie walked into the room, "Long time since I saw you, what've you been up to?"

Valkyrie sat down beside her friend, looking over her arm to see the messy notes scrawled in Sage's notebook, and she shrugged, "Busy doing Grandmaster's dirty work, and drinking, how could I forget drinking."

"I'm not one to promote bad habits," Sage smirked, shaking her head lightly, before motioning to the many shelves and cabinets on her walls, "but your stash is still in my cupboard."

"You have no idea how happy that makes me," Valkyrie hummed in happiness as she opened the cupboard, taking one of the many bottles of alcohol that she had left in Sage's room for times like this.

The brunette rolled her eyes as she fixed her notes, adding some important thoughts and details. Like how in the past dream, Loki had been upset that Sàga was the goddess from a story? She didn't understand what that meant but she hoped to figure it out. She turned her attention back to Valkyrie who was sipping at the bottle desperately, "At least breathe, I don't want you passing out and spilling that all over my clean floor."

"What are you writing anyways?" Valkyrie didn't let her answer as she took the book from her grasp. She shuddered when she noticed how close Sage was to cracking her mystery. Valkyrie felt guilty for lying and not helping, but she just couldn't. She didn't want her mentor to be disappointed in the woman she had become after the accident, nor did she want Sage to have to experience that trauma for a second time. It just seemed like keeping Sage in the dark was the right thing to do.

Valkyrie bit her lip

Valkyrie bit her lip. Thor and Sàga have been set to marry when she returned from the fight that took her memory away. And the brunette before her looked hurt, as if she wanted to know if she loved the blonde man she saw in her dreams. Valkyrie placed a hand on Sage's arm, "I don't have to keep reading if you don't want me to."

Sage smiled. It was an almost bittersweet smile, and she pushed the book closer to Valkyrie again, "No, please read, maybe you can help me understand what they all mean."

Valkyrie only nodded, flipping through a few more entries before she found herself reading one of the first ones Sage had written. Her heart stung with guilt as her eyes scanned over the page.

Valkyrie shook her head and shut the book

Valkyrie shook her head and shut the book. Sage looked truly defeated, and she looked at Valkyrie with a trembling lip, "Is there a problem?"

Valkyrie swallowed thickly before she stood. She needed to leave the room before she started to cry. She shook her head, "I can't help you, Sage."

It was those five words that made Sage's heart break. She didn't even have the energy to call after her friend. Valkyrie walked as fast she she could, wiping harshly at the tears that fell from her eyes. She didn't want to hurt Sage by telling her the truth, but by not telling her the truth also seemed to hurt the woman she had left behind.

Sage clutched the book to her chest, her head pounding as she tried to wrap her mind around what had just happened. She sniffled in defeat when she realized Valkyrie wasn't coming back. Sage's heart dropped.

This was the first time she actually felt weak, and she wondered to herself;

Did the Goddess of Wisdom ever feel weak too?

☾☆☽

D I S C L A I M E R
i do not own thor; ragnarok
but i do own sága
so please do not steal her
thank you!
lou