twelve

twelve

☾☆☽

"S A K A A R isn't all that great, you know," Sagà whispered to Loki, as the pair strolled between the buildings, and she lightly took his hand in her's, "I had to fight for my place in that tower."

"Really?" Loki asked, looking at the large tower that had a monument of the Goddess of Wisdom upon it, "I didn't have to do much at all."

"What did you do?" Sagà questioned, looking at Loki with a confused gleam. Her face scrunched up when the man only raised his eyebrows, and she waved her hand, "Actually don't answer that, I don't want to know."

"It's better that you don't," the God of Mischief chuckled, and he tightened his grip on the girl's hand, "Is there anyway to leave this place?"

"I don't know," Sagà shrugged, and she tilted her head toward the sky, motioning toward the swirling clouds, "but my guess is, you must go up."

"That doesn't look pleasing at all." Loki grimaced, turned to look away from the dark clouds. He raised a brow when Sagà chuckled to herself, "What's so funny?"

"Wait till you hear what it's called."

Loki had been on Sakaar for a few weeks now, having moved into Sagà's room, and he tried to help the woman remember more than she already had, but nothing seemed to be working.

"I'm giving up for today," Sagà whined, rubbing her temples as she slammed the leather-bound book shut.

"Let me ask you one question," Loki whispered, his green eyes locking on Sagà's dark brown ones, "do you know Hela?"

The name sent a wave of nausea through the woman. The Goddess of Death was the very person Odin wanted Sagà to lock down. It never really dawned on her, that if the Goddess of Wisdom was missing, Hela would rise again, "Why do you ask?"

"She claimed to be Odin's firstborn, she brought you up." Sagà gulped at Loki's words, uneasiness chilling through her veins and settling in the pit of her stomach. Loki shrugged it off, "I just wanted to know if you knew anything."

"I know of her," Sagà spoke carefully, sitting 'criss-cross-applesauce' beside her friend, her book resting in her lap, "the Goddess of Death, ruthless, destroyer of the Valkyrie, the reason why I'm here."

Sagà whispered that last part, but Loki has picked up on it. He looked at her curiously, "She's the reason you're... you're here?"

Sagà stayed silent, and Loki persisted, "Sagà, what does that mean?"

"Chaos is upon us, is all." Sagà looked up at Loki, her eyes watering slightly. She knew what was to come next. After Hela would come someone bigger, someone stronger, someone much more... purple.

"I don't understand."

The way Loki's voice grew an octave, Sagà knew he was lying, her theory was only proven true when he avoided eye contact, refusing to look at the woman before him, "I think you know exactly what I mean, Loki."

"Odin has passed." Loki abruptly changed the subject, and Sagà felt her heart ache. The man, though not the best man, was the reason she was who she was today. She also knew that Odin was the last barrier between Hela and Ragnarok.

"So Ragnarok," Sagà swallowed thickly, her hands clenching in nerves, "it is upon us?"

"You know of Ragnarok?"

"The end of Asgard," Sagà whispered, "the start of chaos, the start of—"

The woman felt her chest tighten, and she couldn't breathe. She grasped onto Loki's shoulders, sitting up on her knees as she looked into his eyes, "We need to leave this place, we need— we need to return to Asgard!"

"I don't understan—"

"This is only the start of something much bigger than anything we have dealt with before," Sagà whispered quickly, pulling her hair in destress, "the end is only beginning!"

Brunnhilde was beginning to grow impatient. All she wanted to do was find some damn idiot to fight the Hulk. She was running low on money, and she was growing desperate.

She noticed that there was a swarm of nomads, they seemed to fighting something. She zoned in. Her lips curled in a smirk, her ship landing behind the bunch of idiots. Her slightly rough landing caused their attention to turn on her, and she stepped out of the ship, taking a long gulp from the bottle she had.

She threw it aside, walking toward the mystery person the nomads were beating, "He's mine."

She mentally cursed herself as she toppled from the ship, landing roughly on the ground. Her mind went back to Sagà, she knew the woman would be disappointed in her. The brunette didn't like when she drank, "Wait, wait!"

With the nomads' attention back on her, she waved her hand half-hazardously, a trick Sagà taught her when she just started her training. Look as if you don't care, Sagà had told her, don't show weakness, "He's mine, so if you want him, you go through me."

"But we already got him."

Brunnhilde wanted so badly to roll her eyes. The dumb sarcasm reminded her of Hulk. She shrugged her shoulder, "Alright then, I guess I go through you."

"More food."

Brunnhilde smiled, hitting her fists together to activate the guns that resided on the side of her ship. She silently thanked Sagà for helping her install the weapons, as she was able to blast through the nomads with ease.

The man in the net stood up, and Valkyrie paused. She had to be seeing things, there was no way that Thor was on this garbage planet. She effortlessly threw the last nomad as the blond man sat up on his knees, before standing up completely.

He barely had the time to thank the woman, as Brunnhilde already had the device to stun him attached to his neck. She pressed a button, and down the man went.

Brunnhilde was in denial on who the man was, and she decided to not say anything to Sagà. This man was going to be a lot of money, and if it was Thor or not, Brunnhilde did not care. Plus, she wasn't in her right mind, she had been drinking carelessly.

Cause the darker skinned woman knew, had she been in her right state of mind, she would have brought the blond man straight to the Goddess of Wisdom and not to the Grandmaster to be sold.

☾☆☽

okay so pretty much, Brunnhilde knows of Thor and Loki, but because she is drunk, she doesn't want to assume it's Thor and get Sagà's hopes up for nothing. Plus, she is in desperate need of money, and she knows that the man she found will be worth a lot.
So because of these factors, Brunnhilde brings Thor straight to the Grandmaster, without Sagà even being brought to the attention of whom Brunnhilde had found!

D I S C L A I M E R
i do not own thor; ragnarok
but i do own sága
so please do not steal her
thank you!
lou