Chapter 2 Part B: Old Wounds | Black Heart's POV

Black Heart thought that it would have been dawn by the time he reached the Brotherhood Den dragging the unconscious bodies of his "colleagues" physically. Halfway through his journey back to the Brotherhood Den he felt his energy draining using his powers which have finally gave out when his concentration is exhausted. He had to drag each member by their arms. Together they were both quite heavy, but he managed to drag them to a nearby broken down lamp post that happens to be near the entrance of the Den. He laid their bodies against the post, which he then checked their pulses for life which to his begrudging relief that he did not kill them. He wondered if he went too far knocking them out too hard.

But then dread filled his head, his hands trembling at the very thought if they both woke up from unconsciousness and went on to tell on Alpha Jack to what he did to them. Black Heart was very sure those two Brotherhood members have taken a brief look at him before he punched them both their lights out. But now the kahunore paced back and forth thinking how he can explain himself if his "colleagues" were to wake up.

"Ya leave a few hours and I come back to sees you wit two of our own all beat up. What didya do this time kid?" drawled a rough sounding voice that does not have any tact.

 What didya do this time kid?" drawled a rough sounding voice that does not have any tact

Black Heart stopped his pacing in time to see another fellow Brotherhood member, a kahunore in his early twenties, somewhat gangly in appearance, his hair is short but the bands on the sides of his head are long. The color of his hair is a slate grey with dull green tips, same for his pointed ears and tail which has a tarnished metal ring around the tail. His face is angular, his narrow orange eyes seem to always be in a scrutinizing emotion like he is criticizing at anyone he looks at. On his face he had what looks like black markings around his eyes that make him resemble a raccoon, along with two horizontal black lines under each eye. He wore a something similar to what their boss Alpha Jack wears except the vest jacket he wore is not shredded, colored dark grey, a dark green shirt with shredded sleeves, black pants and short grey boots and wore two metal manacles in each arm. He wore his Brotherhood bandanna around his left leg, it was a brighter red than Black Heart's. The older kahunore just exited out of the Den holding a translucent plastic bag of what looks like glass bottles as the contents.

He scowled at Black Heart which made him look away, uncomfortable at being stared at in a negative manner. His gaze went from Black Heart to the two unconscious bodies of their fellow members, he crossed his arms his foot tapping against the ground with impatience.

"Well? Are we gonna have a stand off by having a staring contest or do I have to like ask those two bozos when they wake up?" the older kahunore said referring to the two unconscious Brotherhood members laying by the lamp post.

His tone wasn't exactly threatening to Black Heart but knew there is a hint of concern behind the uncouth words of the older Brotherhood member.

Hesitant, Black Heart steadied his shaking hands and began to sign in a sheepish manner for the older kahnunore to see. "I beat them up."