Chapter 3 Part B: First Impressions | Wist's POV

It has been at least over an hour since Wist had the encounter with the kahunore, any outcome could have happened to her and out of all of them she ends up unharmed, she was lost on her thoughts on that. Vespera and Lucas meanwhile were silent and if they talked its on other subjects anything except what happened. It was until they reached the Watcher Base, where they finally got themselves settled by a table in the canteen where they are able to talk about the incident. They were the only ones there, each of them held a mug of a hot beverage of sorts. When they finally each got a sip that's when their silences were broken.

"So Wist..." Lucas the first to speak out. "What had just happened?

Wist didn't answer immediately as she took a sip out of her own mug not quite sure what to say first, considering she sensed the confusion and concern from him as well as Vespera's similar emotions, but then she said

Wist didn't answer immediately as she took a sip out of her own mug not quite sure what to say first, considering she sensed the confusion and concern from him as well as Vespera's similar emotions, but then she said. "Well I don't need to explain myself you guys saw me make contact with the target."

"We know what we shaw Whist." Vespera murmured. "We jusht want to know why risk yourshelf like that?"

"To be fair, he would have found us eventually considering he seemed to have heard you two laughing at him swearing up a storm just because he tripped on his on knees in the process. We're supposed to be quiet and observe him." Wist said explaining herself. She took a sip from her drink before she said, "Otherwise I did the dumb thing and revealed myself to him but only so that he does not discover you guys were there too. You two being a wolfman and an avifell have good hearing, that kahunore has good hearing too and you should all know he would have found us anyways if we didn't abort the mission earlier."

Both Vespera and Lucas looked away from Wist, she didn't need to read their emotions to know that they felt somewhat sheepish about their actions. But their embarrassment turned more to concern towards her.

"But Whist...you didn't have to rhisk yourshelf for the sake of keeping this mission compromised. You know that." Vespera said. "If anything all three of us can take him down if we had to."

"Yeah, I'll have to agree with Ves here." Lucas said. "We get it, we may have almost gotten found out, but you still you risked yourself there. We just got taken by surprise that's all. And considering of all people our target is a Brotherhood grunt we have been assigned to follow around, you could have been hurt or taken away again."

Wist winced a bit at the very mention of the latter. "Guys that was years ago..." her head was starting to throb a bit upon thinking about that memory. "You know I don't remember much after what had happened after I was kidnapped. Past me was not exactly smart about getting herself being taken away by the Brotherhood-" Wist stopped mid-sentence and began rubbing at her temples due to mention of that certain memory she can't quite remember.

"You alright Wist?" Lucas said with concern.

"Yeah..I'm fine, you know headaches are the side effects when it comes to not being able to remember a particular traumatizing event." Wist groaned rubbing at her head a bit more. "Look just because it took me a while to recover after that incident does not mean I'm fragile-"