Chapter 3 Part A: First Impressions | Black Heart's POV

A week passed since what had transpired that one night, which was a lot to take in for Black Heart. The fact he had gone through Dr. Cerupote's procedure had made him dazed and unable to walk properly for the week. That period of time was all it took for the young kahunore to recover from it gradually. While the side effects on the first, second and third days had him staggering a lot, which would make him in no state to walk at all, he spent those days just laying down in the bunk room he shared with Rat Tooth. Speaking of which, his bunk mate checks on him every now and then making sure he is resting during that time. Gods forbid that Black Heart decides to wander about when he should be laying down which would have irritated Rat-Tooth into worrying more than he lets on.

By the fourth day he managed to be able to walk without staggering, but he spent most of his time stuck by Rat-Tooth's side to the supposed dismay of the older kahunore but relented regardless. Black Heart felt being stuck between awake and dreaming yet it never felt like he slept anyway, he has in a way barely remembered what sleep feels like in years since being forced to wear the mask. On the seventh day, Black Heart had fully recovered and now able to function physically and mentally, meaning he can go about his day and did not need to stick to the one person that tolerates him enough in the Brotherhood.

 On the seventh day, Black Heart had fully recovered and now able to function physically and mentally, meaning he can go about his day and did not need to stick to the one person that tolerates him enough in the Brotherhood

However, because of what had happened that night Rat-Tooth had promised to help Black Heart on using his Aninergio abilities better. It was around the late morning that the older kahunore took Black Heart to what was once a tall building reduced to rubble and spread out cinderblocks. They both cleared an area into a makeshift training ground and using the cinderblocks to be piled up high enough to be a person, a dummy target of sorts which they set up several versions of. Then both kahunores went a distance from one of the targets.

"Alright kid this is how I usually hit targets with my skills, you may take reference on how I do it." Rat-Tooth said as he faced the target, but looked back at his temporary student.

Black Heart watched the older kahunore posed in a defensive like pose where he crossed his arms in front of his face. With his eyes closed he clenched his fists, breathed in hard. In doing that action tendril's green in color sprouted out there were four in all. He opened his eyes and with both open palms he punched directly at the direction at the target. With that action, the tendrils from his back burst out of his back and shot towards the target fast crackling and hitting it. It was somewhat effective but it did not budge the target at all much other than knocking off one block. Rat-Tooth looked back at Black Heart and pointed at his handiwork

"Now you try it, remember this requires your focus." Rat-Tooth said. "Don't daze off!"

Rat-Tooth moved out of his position to make way for Black Heart to make his stance. Just like his disgruntled mentor, Black Heart faced the target he did everything Rat-Tooth did, he felt his energy pulsing and felt the tendrils come out. Opening his eye he stared point blank at the target. Just when he is about to take aim, a lingering thought got on his mind the memories he had tried to see through in his mindscape a week ago. Despite the distracted thought, he did exactly what Rat-Tooth did punch at the direction and release the blasts of energy. The blasts were bigger than Rat-Tooth's but as powerful looking as they are they did not even hit the pile of cinderblocks, in fact it went to hit a thick dilapidated wall near the targets which ended up making a big dent.