Chapter 2 Part B: Old Wounds | Black Heart's POV (Part 2)

Last time on chapter 2....

He starred at the third tree, cautious he carefully placed his hand on the base of its trunk expected something similar. But this time he saw a memory but instead of just voices he can see the memory itself. It looked hazy within his mind he can't quite see the location, but he found himself in the shoes of his younger self he felt he was twelve again and he was looking at a clear image of a towering kahunore man before him. The older kahunore is a man in his 20s with messy short black hair which is the same color just like his ears and tail which has a plain metal tail ring. He has green eyes and on his pale face he has black boomerang shaped markings on each cheek and had some facial hair on as well. What he noticed what is most striking is the coat the kahunore man is wearing just like his, but it was not as frayed at the hem and not dragging against the floor like this jacket is made to fit for this person. Not only that around his neck is the very same yellow crystal necklace Black Heart wore now only it looked like it had not lost its luster yet. He noticed that the older kahunore was explaining something to him or rather his younger self.

 He noticed that the older kahunore was explaining something to him or rather his younger self

"There's something I must tell you kid, for as long as you have known me I have been mostly honest with you but there are some things that I have to keep from you for the sake of protecting you, protecting my identity and the Brotherhood from finding out. A week from tonight, you, me and Rat-Tooth are going to get out of here. I hope you can forgive me for hiding something from you." The older kahunore said.

"Shade, I don't know how I feel about this who you are of the fact you are hiding an escape plan from me, but I would understand why you would hide whoever it is you are. But is what you say is true? It's going to happen?" he heard his younger self speak in a voice that has been hoarse for a long time.

The older kahunore referred to as Shade nodded. "I'm sorry I had to hide things from you like that, but you must understand, you know how dire our circumstances are. But I will tell you everything you ask of me once we get out of here."

"You promise?"

Shade held Black Heart's younger self in a tight embrace. "I promise you kid, we will get out of here and everything will make sense once I tell you." Shade pulled back from the embrace and looked at the younger kahunore with a rueful smile on his face. "Besides I can tell you one thing, I know someone outsides these walls who-."

But Shade's sentence is cut short because Black Heart was jolted back to the reality that is his mindscape. He shook his head as if to shake off those aching feelings in his heart, it has been so far a turbulent experience looking through these certain memories as vague as they are felt very meaningful, yet something is missing.

He turned his attention to the fourth and fifth tree, he has gone through three ambiguous memories, he questioned himself if he dared to go even further. Indefinitely, Black Heart decided to see this through, and he went for the fourth tree to touch its trunk. It's another memory where he is once again in the shoes of his younger self like the last memory. He finds himself in a location that is quite blurry and all he can see clearly is a barred cell there is someone in there but to his dismay the memory made him see the whole person a "silhouette" just a shape that resembles a vague human form of an older human child.