one

The halls were crowded as ever, everyone is squishing through small spaces between two people and through small spaces between a person and a locker just to get to class.

Dan was just trying to get to class but unfortunately, his travel was interrupted by the infamous Phil Lester, the school's punk who ran a gang. Dan was unsure exactly why Phil picked on him but he never argued since he knew that it'll get him into more trouble.

Phil aggressively pushed Dan against the metal locker which made a loud clash that rang in everybody's ears that made most of them turn their heads and shut their mouths.

"How's it going Howell?" Phil asked, his figure towering over Dan, casting a shadow. Dan gulped and kept his eyes glued to the ground.

"F-Fine." Dan responded with a stutter. Shit. Dan never really stuttered, he was a confident person, always with snarky remarks that would always be thrown at the guy who was currently speaking to him. He always stuttered when he felt himself starting to slip into a headspace that he liked to keep to himself. A headspace where all of his anxieties and insecurities evaporate and he becomes small.

Small enough where he can't pronounce coherent sentences (only nod and mumble out yeses and no's.) and also small enough where he can't do the easiest things like serve himself some juice, go up and down the stairs, dress himself and go potty without someone helping him.

Phil responded with stutter as well, "Aw little Howell, responding with a s-stutter. No comments today?"

Dan just shook his head, "M' sorry." He replied in the softest tone. Tears already welled up in his eyes. Dan finally looked up at Phil. He took in the lip ring that was pierced to the left of his lip, his eyebrow piercings, his shining blue eyes and gulped again.

Phil obviously noticed a change in Dan's demeanor. Dan's eyes became bigger and glassy with tears, his mouth into a frown, light blush on his cheeks, and his bottom lip quivering. Dan's height changed into something shorter, even though he was shorter than Phil.

His voice soft and barely above a whisper. Usually, Dan's voice would be loud and clear.
Dan saw Phil's facial expression change from cocky, to concerned. His smirk no longer there, but replaced with his mouth tightly shut.

Dan was terrified. Phil knew now. He obviously knew what was going on, the change that happened.

Phil grabbed Dan's wrist and tugged him along until he found the janitors closet. Phil closed the door once they were in.

"Dan?" Phil finally said, softly. Dan didn't respond. Dan started crying, "M' scawed." He slurred his words. Phil felt his heart drop. Poor Dan couldn't even pronounce the word 'scared.'

Phil immediately wrapped his arms around him. Dan cried into his shirt. "Shh, no, it's okay, you're okay. There's nothing to be scared about. I'm here." Phil ran his fingers through Dan's curly locks.

Dan pulled away and wiped his tears away with his pink sweater paws. Phil continued to shush him repeatedly to get the boy to stop crying.

Dan at this moment wished he had a daddy to go to. He wanted cuddles, kisses and comfort. He didn't want to become big again, he wanted to stay small so he doesn't deal with the consequences when he's big and explain what just happened to Phil.

"Phiw." Dan slurred again with a whine. Phil frowned and kissed the top of his head lightly. Dan sniffled.

"Let's get out of here, yeah?" Phil asks. Dan rubbed his eyes and nodded. The pair exited the closet and Phil snuck out the school and got Dan in his car, where Dan slowly told him his address.

Phil entered the house with Dan's key and took him to the stairs. Dan whined again. "No! I'm too wittle to go wup!" Phil smiled fondly and picked him up and sat him on his hip.

Phil walked up stairs with no effort then sat Dan on the bed. Phil looks through his drawers and found a light blue long sleeve shirt and matching shorts that were very short.

"Here you go Danny." Phil said as he handed him the clothes. Dan looked at the clothes questionably. "Arms up!" Phil softly said and Dan did as he said. Phil slipped the light pink jumper off. "Lay back and raise your hips, love." Dan did as told and Phil easily took his white jeans off.

Phil dressed him then looked in his drawer for socks. He picked out white ones that had ruffles at the top. Dan beamed at him as Phil easily put the socks on his feet. Dan happily kicked his feet. Phil laughed softly.

"Are you hungry little one?" Phil crouched down to look up at him as the little was sitting on the edge of the bed. Dan nodded. "What would you like?"

Dan giggled, "Chickwen nuggies!" Phil smiled so wide that it hurt his cheeks. Phil picked him up once more and took him downstairs where he sat him on the couch and turned on the TV to some random children's show.

Phil looked in the fridge and took out the almost finished dinosaur chicken nuggets. Phil microwaved a couple and put them on a Paw Patrol plate. He also filled a blue sippy cup with juice.

Phil took the items to the boy who looked at him excitedly. "Careful baby, they're still hot." Phil warned as he set the plate on the boy's cute chubby thighs. Dan waited until the dinosaurs cooled before eating them.

Phil examined the way the boy would kick his feet as he ate and the way his eyes would light up and become bigger as he watched the TV show. Frankly, he saw himself taking care of the boy all the time. Seeing the boy happy made him happy, which now made him feel bad since he bullied him all four years of high school.

Dan set the plate and cup aside once he finished eating then sat in Phil's lap where his back was against his chest and snuggled against him comfortably. Phil felt himself smile as he wrapped his arms around his waist to secure him. Phil pressed a light kiss to his shoulder as he felt Dan slowly fall asleep.