seven

Dan was eating strawberries the next day. He had a can of whipped cream that he sprayed delicately on the strawberry before popping it in his mouth. Phil furrowed his eyebrows as he watched him.

"Why don't you squirt the whipped cream onto all of them in the bowl, instead of doing it one by one." Phil asked. Dan chewed as he stared at him. "I want to do it this way, you got a problem?" Dan responded as he repeated his previous action.

Phil was taken aback about his remark. He so badly craved to show Dan his place. Phil just simply nodded. Dan put another one in his mouth and right before he chewed it, Phil kissed him with the fruit in between their lips and Dan's teeth.

Dan slowly passed the fruit into his mouth with his tongue before they both bit into each end. Phil kissed him before eating it. Dan leaned in again and very gently sucked Phil's tongue to taste the sweet juice again along with the sweet cream. Dan had whipped cream on his lip so Phil licked it off.

Both out of breath, they smiled and exhaled into each other's mouth. "Did we just do that?" Dan asked. Phil nodded, "Yeah, it was fucking hot."

Dah smiled and shook his head fondly before eating the strawberries again. Phil opened the cupboard and took out Dan's cereal box and dug his hand into the plastic bag before pouring it into his mouth.

Dan rolled his eyes. "You know how couples have this thing that drives the other insane but yet they love them for it?"

"Since when were we a couple?" Phil asked. Dan choked on whipped cream.

"I-uh." Dan blushed. Phil just smiled at him. "Yeah what about it?"

"Well like, we have a thing. You eat my cereal." Dan replied as the blush on his face faded.

Phil shrugged, "Good cereal." Phil laughed softly.

"God you're not even a whole badass, you're like a wolf who's really a dog." Dan sighed.

Phil furrowed his eyebrows. "And that means?"

"And that means that you're domesticated instead of wild." Dan replied. Phil put the cereal box on the counter leaving it out and not closing the cupboard, another thing that annoys Dan but makes him love Phil.

Phil grabbed the can of whipped cream and squirt it into his mouth. "You almost finished it, now I won't have enough for each strawberry." Dan frowned. Phil kissed his downturned lips.

Dan put the strawberries away, same with the whipped cream. "I'm bored." Phil huffed. Dan smiled, "Yeah, you're no fun either."

"Can we go to the shelter and play with puppies?" Dan asked excitedly, his eyes glossed over with hope. Phil rolled his eyes, completely giving in to his baby's cuteness.

"Fine, get the keys." Phil ruffled Dan's hair, which made Dan swat Phil's hand away.

They both arrived at the shelter and into the puppy play pen. The employees seemed to observe Phil's every move, since they didn't seem to trust Phil's colorful inked arms and piercings.

Dan immediately fell to his knees. Plump, fluffy, puppies all shapes and sizes ran to Dan excitedly. Their tails wagging quickly. Dan tried to pet every single one of them.

Phil sneakily took a picture then got on his knees himself and started to gently pet the mixed breed puppy that was perched on his lap staring up at him with those same eyes Dan gives him.

After a while, they unfortunately had to leave. They were in the car as Phil drove home. "Phiw! Pwuppies were cute!" Dan gushed, his cheeks were a bright red.

Phil reached over and put his hand on Dan's thigh. Dan put his hand on top of Phil's. "I know baby." Phil smiled. Dan sighed, "Can we have one?!" Dan wiggled in his seat excitedly.

Phil bit the inside of his cheek and frowned, "I'm sorry sweetie, but we can't."

Dan's eyes became glossy with tears, he blinked and they started rolling down his soft cheeks. He softly hiccuped.

"Why not, Daddy?" Dan questioned with a whine. Phil rubbed his thigh.

"Because we can't!" Phil shouted. Dan just nodded, not really wanted to push the question further and make his Daddy angry.

Dan softly and silently cried. Phil feels like he got ran over with a truck. A wave of guilt hit him. Maybe one day he can surprise his baby boy with a puppy, but that day isn't today.

Once they arrived home, Dan dived straight into his coloring books. He was sat on the hardwood flooring. Dan only colored when he was sad and Phil knew that. He hated how he knew he caused his baby distress.

Phil sat next to him and placed a comforting hand on his back, rubbing slowly. "I'm sorry baby. You know Daddy loves you very much." Phil said softly.

Dan cried again, "It's otay, Daddy." He frowned. Phil put a hand through Dan's hair. He kissed his cheek. Phil leaned against the couch. "Come here." He opened his arms wide. Dan hesitantly crawled in between his legs. Phil played with his hair, hoping to soothe and stop his crying.

"I've been a meanie, baby. I love you." Phil kissed his cheek but let his lips linger there. Dan sniffled. Phil wiped his tears away and picked the paci up from the coffee table and gave it to Dan.

Dan gratefully accepted it and placed it in his mouth, sucking gently. Phil gently rocked him back and forth. Dan turned around in his grasp and hugged him tightly. Phil kissed his shoulder and put his hands on his waist.

"Can we go play, Daddy?" Dan asked sweetly. Phil smiled and nodded. Dan smiled and got up quickly and ran up the stairs to grab his stuffies.

Dan climbed down the stairs with his stuffies and some other play stuff. Phil smiled up at him. Dan handed Phil and stuffed camel and Dan himself had a llama.

They both played a love story between them. Dan giggled throughout their playing and Phil smiled along, feeling at ease.

"Daddy! I want big boy kisses!" Dan stood on his knees in front of Phil who was still sitting down. Dan crawled into his lap and eagerly pecked Phil's lips. Phil pulled back and smiled before properly kissing him.

The smacks of their mouths filled the living room which gave Dan a warm tingly feeling in his tummy. Phil cupped his cheek. Dan pulled away and smiled widely and bit his lip cutely which lead Phil to peck his lips.

"Daddy!" Dan whined and sat back on his socked feet and covered his face as a warm blush bloomed on his face.

"You're so cute, baby." Phil tackled him to the floor and started to softly mouth at his tummy to tickle him. Dan giggled uncontrollably and begged for his daddy to stop which Phil finally did after he kissed him once more.