Partied a bit too hard

Casper's POV:

I was at October's house running away from her and her sister Mia who graduated last year. I was running because they were trying to dress me all cutesie "No! I'm not wearing that." I yelled back as their parents laughed watching from the kitchen. They trapped me in a corner then court my arms dragging me back to October's room "Yes, you are. Even if we have to dress you in it ourselves and glue it to your body," Mia said and October nodded agreeably. After they got me in the outfit which was a pair of short shorts that were black and a baggie shirt with an open side showing the bruises on my abdomen "I see the problem," Mia said sadly "Can I change now?" I asked uncomfortably. "No," October said pulling a plain black zip-up jumper and putting it on me covering the bruises and my arms "There if you don't want anyone to see the bruises don't take off that jumper," Mia said and October nodded "Now we have to go or everyone's going to be smashed before we get there," October said dragging me out the door as I put my beanie on and hang my camera around my neck.

I stood in the backyard of the party taking pictures, avoiding people and not drinking "Well if it isn't the camera nerd," one of the jocks from the football team said the rest of the team joining him. Not again "Is there something you need?" I ask not looking at them one of the snatched my camera and the started play catch with it "Stop your going to..." I was cut off by the camera hitting the ground "Aww. You going to go cry to mamma. Oh that's right you don't have one," one of them said and they all left laughing. I look at the camera and its totalled, broken lens and pieces of the camera everywhere. I started to cry that was my favourite camera and probably the most expensive thing I owned. I wipe my eyes and go inside stealing a bottle of something I didn't know what and I didn't care. I just wanted to forget. I should have known not to drink that much.

James's POV:      

I walk into the party with my pack, yes, pack and look around "Is he anywhere?" Alex my beta asked, "Don't know haven't seen him yet," I say, "He should be here by now," Britany my younger sister said, "I don't see him," I said scanning the crowd, "That's because you're using your eyes. You're a werewolf he's your mate sniff him out," Britany said sassily and I growled as she walked off to flirt with some random. I used my nose to pick up his scent in the crowd and nodded to Alex as I go to find Casper, my mate. I find him in the kitchen some girls around him trying to get him to take a shot or another one. I interrupt "Casper, are you alright?" I asked and he looks up trying to focus on me "I'm fine. You two, One, three," He says seeming to try and figure out how many of me there was "I guess that's my answer," I sighed, "What are you his mum?" One of the girls asked, "I don't have a mum," Casper said confused that made my chest hurt "Casper, come on. I'll help you," I say, "Help me, what?" he asked stumbling and I caught him before he could hit the floor "Let's start with stand and go from there," I say helping him outside and sitting him down on the steps to the yard and I sat next to him and he leaned on me "Thank you," he said and I smiled looking at him "You're welcome," I sighed "What give you the right to look like that," He asked, "What gives you the right to be cute even when drunk?" I ask and he seems to try and glare at me, but it comes out as more of a cute pout "I'm not cute," he says then he lays on my lap "Why is everything so hard," He complains "Probably because you're drunk," I say "Nah, life, why is life so hard?" he asked and I was shocked for a second then started stroked his hair, "I think it's so hard to remind us why we even bother. it's for those we love." I say, "I don't have anything left but it's still hard and it still takes," Casper said, "That can't be true you have your friends and family," I say, "I don't have a family," Casper said and I stiffened "My dad told my mum to abort me and my mum died two years ago," Casper listed on his fingers and I stop stocking his hair "I'm sorry that must have been hard," I say, "Don't stop. It feels nice," Casper said and put his hand on my that was still on his head "My mum used to do that when I couldn't sleep," Casper said and I began stroking his hair again pulling off his beanie to have better accesses "She must have been a lovely woman," I say and he turns to me and I realised he was crying but he wore a small smile on his face "She was the greatest mum, but she left me with Steven," Casper growled the last part "Who's Steven?" I wondered, "A drunk and a dickhole. He's my stepdad... I wanna go, can I go?" Casper asks seeming to become more sobber as we talked, but still heavily drunk "Of course, can you remember where you live?" I asked, "Not there," Casper sighed snuggling closer to me "Do you want to go to my place instead, then?" I asked gently he slowly nodded against my waist which he had buried his face in. I stood pulling him with me going out the back way to avoid the looks I didn't want people staring at my mate when he was this vulnerable. I got him in my car sending a message to Britany to go home with Alex and sending one Alex to tell him what was happening.

James's house

When we got to my house I help Casper upstairs to my room "Do you want to shower?" I ask Casper and he waddles to the bathroom, yes I did have my own bathroom

When we got to my house I help Casper upstairs to my room "Do you want to shower?" I ask Casper and he waddles to the bathroom, yes I did have my own bathroom. Casper then starts vomiting in the toilet and I rub his back it splatters a bit and got on him "Shower it is then," I say taking a deep breath before turning on the shower and going back over to Casper "I'm going to help you get in the shower. I'll try not to look," I say helping him out of his clothes and I gasped at the large bruises on his body "Where did you get those?" I asked and Casper looked at himself then seem to try to cover one of the bruises which was pretty much impossible "Steven," he said climbing into the shower and I growled. Suddenly Casper jumped into the steam of the shower and I turned on the fan and when the steam fades he was sitting in the bottom of the shower with cat ear and a tail naked. I stare shocked, my mate was a Neko and naked "What are you staring at?" he asked and I pointed to his head and he touches it and then looks at his tail "Opsie," he said grabbing his tail "Go away," he tells his tail as if it could hear him. I chuckle snapping out of my shock and he looks at me "Here's the soap, shampoo and conditioner," I say "Can't, you do it," Casper complains pulling me in the shower and soaking my clothes "Fine, but if you wake up and remember this I'm saying you made me," I say and he nods and I wash his back, chest, arms and legs avoiding his private areas. I start washing his hair careful of his cat ears which twitched when I washed them "Can you rinse while I go get you and me something to change into?" I ask and he nods. I strip off my wet clothes and walk out into my room to get clothes. I return with boxers on, towels and some clothes. I dry Casper off and help him it to his boxer and my shirt which was almost a dress on him. I put on sweatpants and started blow drying Casper's hair, ears and tail while he sits on the bathroom counter.

When I'm done I help Casper to my bed and lay him down on his side. I stroke his hair and then go to leave but Casper grabs my hand "Don't leave. Everyone leaves," He says and my heart throbs "You're not making this easy. Alright, but I'm not sleeping on the floor move over," I say and he does. Not letting go of my hand the whole time. When I'm in he snuggles into me and I start stroking his hair again "I'm not going anywhere," I say closing my eyes.