Dance To This

Song by Troye Sivan & Ariana Grande

Written by Kiara Davis, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan

"Under the kitchen lights
You still look like dynamite
And I wanna end up on you
Don't need no place to go
Just put on the radio
You know what I wanna do."

-

Around lunchtime that day Niall begins complaining about how hungry he is because Zayn wouldn't let him eat in the morning. He leads the four of them to a relatively fancy restaurant that he'd made reservations for, so Louis becomes immensely grateful for Kiara's insisting on him changing clothes.

They sit in a booth by the window because Zayn claims New York City is home to the best people watching. They play that game where they guess where everyone who passes is going.

"I bet that dude's late for his friend's wedding," Niall says, pointing at a man in a suit running by. "He was just at a meeting for his job—he works for the FBI. Now he's completely forgotten about being the best man in a wedding that starts at twelve thirty." It's twelve twenty nine, so Niall's statement seems pretty accurate with how fast the man's running.

"I think she's the brand new star of some Broadway musical but she's trying to keep it to herself," Louis says about a girl wearing a trench coat who walks by. "Look at that little smile on her face!"

The four of them order their respective meals and crack jokes until the food arrives. At one point, Louis notices Zayn taking a photo of him while he's laughing, so he grins more and figures he'll get a Twitter notification fairly soon.

Louis never really thought he'd have such great friends. High school wasn't anything special for him, he had a few friends to sit with at lunch and to get help from if he needed it, but he'd never gone out to lunch with three of them and had such a good time.

Zayn interrupts the silence they ascend into once the food comes by telling Louis from across the table, "hey, by the way, I texted Harry about you earlier."

Face immediately heating up at the mention of his idol, Louis tries to remain calm. "Oh, shit Zayn. Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me."

"Yeah, that's what I told him," Zayn says, laughing a bit. "He asked for a photo of you just now, so I hope you don't mind but I took one. Don't worry, you look good."

Louis just smiles and moves his pasta around on his plate a bit.

"Anyway," Zayn continues. "He said he'd be happy to talk to you. So text him when you want, I guess."

"Okay, cool," Louis says, again trying his hardest to stay calm. He continues to eat his food as the other three at the table just stare at him.

"Louis," Kiara hisses from next to him. "What the fuck are you waiting for? Text him."

"I didn't want to interrupt our family lunch!" Louis says as an excuse. Really he's just nervous to text his idol. Obviously.

"It's chill, man. Go ahead, fulfill your destiny," Niall tells him, Zayn nodding in agreement, so Louis quickly slides his phone out of his pocket and opens to the contact he'd saved two days ago.

New Text to Harry Styles

Louis:
Hi, this is Zayn's bandmate :)

He sets his phone on the table, assuming it'd take a while for the busy star to text back, but it buzzes twice soon after he does so.

Zayn involves Niall and Kiara in some conversation, so Louis doesn't feel bad about ignoring them to text a famous person.

Harry Styles:
Hi Louis!