05

YOUNGBLOOD
chapter five

YOUNGBLOOD〈chapter five〉

✯☾✯

Scott, Allison, and Stiles made their way inside Coach's office. The three of them were trying to brainstorm some ideas on how to protect Lydia from Derek, who was currently waiting for her in the school parking lot.

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia," Scott informed his best friend and girlfriend.

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asked, worried for the safety of her best friend.

"If he thinks she's the kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool."

"It's not her," Stiles defended his long-time crush.

"Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened." Scott said.

"No, it can't be her," Stiles was deeply positive that Lydia wasn't that lizard creature.

"It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her." Allison wasn't going to stop at anything to protect her best friend.

"Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school." The thought alone gave Scott some reassurance.

"What about after school? What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?" Allison asked.

"By three o'clock?" Stiles stated the time school ended with the group.

"There could be something in the bestiary." Allison pointed out to the trio.

"Oh, you mean the 900 - page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." The amount of sarcasm was blossoming through Stiles at the moment.

"Actually, I think I know someone who might be able to translate it," Allison spoke, as she thought of Ms. Morrell, their guidance counselor.

"Uh, I can talk to Derek, maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her. But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?" Scott spoke, it was obvious that he was worry about the safety of his friends.

"What does that mean?" Allison asked her boyfriend.

"That you can't heal as I do. I just don't want you to get hurt. "

"I can protect myself. -" Allison spoke as she pulled out a crossbow from her bag, "-What? Did something else happen?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt. Seriously, if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay? I - I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can. We have until 3:00." Scott spoke as he turns away to walk out of the office. Yet he quickly turns around in time to catch the arrow that was quickly coming his way.