Obsession

-CHAPTER TWO-

Obsession

Albus folded his spare cloak and placed it in his trunk. He was excited. In the afternoon, he was going to meet Dimitri in Four Fields Park. A knock on his Leaky Cauldron room door startled him. He looked back. 'Dad,' he said. 'Is everything okay?'

'Everything's fine,' Harry said. 'I just wanted to give you something.'

'What do you want to give me?' Albus asked curiously.

'What I'm about to give you,' Harry said. 'is something that your grandfather owned. Look after it.' He handed a cloak that was glossy and silvery.

'Your invisibility cloak,' Albus gasped.

'Yes,' Harry said. 'I'm sure you'll find plenty of uses for it.' Albus grinned up at his father. He knew what was implied by "Plenty of Uses." Albus suddenly caught sight of the time.

'Dad, I have to go!' he cried.

'Where?'

'None of your business! Leave the cloak in my trunk!'

*

Albus was about to run out the door of the Leaky Cauldron when he was stopped by his aunt.

'Albus, it's Wednesday,' she reminded him.

'What? So...oh no! I can't babysit today, Hermione!'

'Why not? You always babysit on Wednesdays!'

'Look, I'm meeting a friend and Hugo and Lily always ruin everything!'

'A girl-friend?'

'No! For your information, it's a boy. He's a mate, and I can't babysit! Where's Rose?'

'I won't tell you until you agree to babysit.'

'But I...oh, fine.' Albus folded his arms and frowned. Hermione whistled and two nine year olds came running up. 'Hi, Al,' Lily Potter said brightly.

'Oh joy, nine year olds,' Albus murmured sarcastically.

'Hi Albus, what's going on?' Rose asked.

'Lil and Hugo are tagging along,' Albus grumbled, stalking out of the pub. Rose, Hugo and Lily ran after him. 'Where are we going?' Lily asked.

'Four Fields Park,' Albus sighed. 'Look, just keep yourselves occupied. Rose and I are doing something important.' Lily and Hugo looked forlorn but didn't say anything.

'Dimitri!' Albus shouted, waving as they approached the park.

'Hey, Albus!' Dimitri said, running up. The blonde haired boy who had been with Dimitri the previous day followed him. 'Hi,' he said. 'My name's Joseph. Dimitri and I have been best friends since our first day of school.'

'This is my cousin, Rose,' Albus introduced. 'Oh and that little boy is my cousin too and the girl is my sister.'

'So Rose, do you want to come with us to my house?' Dimitri asked. 'Joseph's coming too.'

'Okay,' Rose shrugged. Albus sighed in relief that he and Rose were both very well equipped to live in the muggle world which included being experts in video games.

Once in Dimitri's house, everyone headed straight to the PS3.

'Wow,' Albus said, impressed. 'You've got Sly4. Where did you manage to get that?'

'We saved up for three years,' Joseph explained. 'And lined up over night on the other side of town.'

'Fantastic,' Albus said, opening the case and picking up a controller. 'So...I heard that you two are called "The Magicians" at the park. How did you get that nickname?'