Gryffindor vs Slytherin

-CHAPTER THIRTEEN-

Gryffindor vs Slytherin

Albus's stomach was full of butterflies, slugs, beetles and most likely blast ended skrewts. He wasn't nervous about the Quidditch game. This could be the match between Bulgaria and England and he couldn't care less. He was worried about what would happen down in the chambers.

'Ready?' James whispered.

'Nope,' Albus whimpered.

'We're going to be fine,' Jessica said comfortingly but Albus could see pure fear in the pupils of her eyes.

'Go over the plan,' Sean said. Albus nodded. 'Okay, while we're playing, Ro will be on lookout. When he sees Morrall entering the passageway, he'll cast his patronus to Avery who will be at the bottom of the stands. He'll use a spare broom to fly up to Scorpius, Rose, Dimitri and Max who will wave to me. I'll fly off and you three will follow. The D.A. will use the cover story and substitutes will be used to finish the game.'

Victoire clapped her hand on Albus's shoulder. 'You'd better hope it works, Al. If not, Voldemort will return and we'll lose the finals.'

Albus glared at her.

*

Albus flew onto the pitch worriedly. The game snapped into action with Victoire grabbing the ball from the toss.

'Hello, hello, hello,' Joseph said, sneering. 'You look sick.'

'Be careful I don't vomit on you then,' Albus growled back, flying higher into the sky. He searched for a see-through otter but saw nothing.

'The Snitch won't be up there, you moron!' Joseph yelled.

'Get lost,' Albus shouted back. He flew around trying to keep his worries to a minimum but nothing helped.

The wind was blowing through Albus's black, silky hair and he wasn't looking for the Snitch. Instead, his eyes were fixated on Scorpius. Once in a while, he'd go into a dive to distract Joseph. Then, nearly ten minutes into the game, there was a shout of 'ALBUS!' and Albus looked to see Scorpius waving madly. He gripped his broom and zoomed off towards the castle. There were yells, confused shouts and protests but he heard Teddy covering for them.

'Hurry!' Avery shouted, joining Albus in the skies. Albus flew through the door and down the stairs into the dungeons. Albus jumped off his broom and threw it to the floor, running up to the swipes. They were already destroyed, leaving a large door for them to go through.

'He's fast,' Scorpius said grimly. They hurried onwards and found broken glass and an unconscious Professor Irin.

'Dad!' Avery yelped and he sprinted to his father's side. 'What the...?'

'He must've also known,' Albus said. 'He must've realised that someone was coming into the dungeons when we disappeared. He would've tried to stop Morrall but fourteen Death Eaters against one man...he was bound to fail.'

'What should we do?' Marshall asked.

Albus bit his lip. 'Marshall, Sean, take Professor Irin to the hospital wing. Then, go get Dad. I have a feeling something bad's going to happen.'

'Comforting,' Rose muttered but she grabbed his hand and pulled him on. They came to a metal door which was unlocked.

'This is it,' James said. 'This is the door to the Passageway...I've seen it in books.'

'Good,' Albus said. His thought his voice sounded heavy, thick and muffled. He turned the doorknob, opened the door, stepped inside, waited for the others to walk in and then shut the door behind him, trapping them inside.

*

'I wondered what was taking so long.'

'Estus?' Albus gasped. 'But...you helped us!'

Morrall laughed. 'Oh god, boy, you're so gullible. I only helped you because if I warned you to stay away from the Passageway, then when I did bring the Dark Lord back, you would be there, getting stronger and then you'd defeat him.'

'He's smart,' Scorpius said in a low voice.

'Shut up,' Jessica hissed. Morrall gave a small, evil smile. He walked down the passageway slowly, chuckling to himself.

Suddenly, Albus realised he was in ropes. Shoot, that was obvious. He'd been so distracted...

'Albus...'

Albus almost screamed in shock. A voice was whispering to him...a voice from the mist that was surrounding the stone floor. Albus looked to his right and saw the face of Severus Snape looking at him.

'What do I do?' he asked anxiously. 'I don't know what to do!'

'Wait...' Snape hissed. 'Wait and you will know what to do...'

The face disappeared. Albus's hopes sunk into his gut. Some help that guy was.

'My Lord...' Morrall called. 'My Lord, appear...'

A white face with red eyes appeared from the mist. Rose screamed. James, Albus and Scorpius all stumbled back, scared. Max gave a protective hiss and Dimitri, Avery and the other D.A. members all stepped backwards in terror. Jessica stood, frozen. Her uncle.

'Return my Lord,' Morrall said in a voice like ice. The Dark Lord's high, cold voice replied. 'No.'

Jessica was taken aback. Albus stepped forward. He plucked up some courage. 'Why?' he asked. Voldemort turned to him. 'You are curious, Potter,' he said.

"'Curiosity is not a sin,'" Albus quoted.

'Indeed it is not,' Voldemort agreed. 'As answer to your question, my time is done.'

'No!' Morrall shouted in panic. He grabbed Rose. 'Return or I'll kill the girl!'

Albus's fear was dissolving and anger boiled inside of him. 'Leave her alone!' he yelled. Morrall was breathing heavily. 'No! I will kill everyone in this room! My Lord...I am worthy to be your servant! I will not betray you!'

Voldemort shook his head. Morrall opened his mouth, pointing his wand at Rose's head but Scorpius plunged his hand into his robed, pointed his wand at his godfather and screamed 'Avada Kedavra!' There was an explosion inside the Passageway and Albus felt himself lifted off the ground and thrown onto a hard, stone pillar.

Morrall and Scorpius were both blasted backwards but Morrall didn't get up again. There was a silence apart from the rocks crumbling.

'Scorpio?' Albus asked finally. 'You okay?'

'No,' Rose said. 'We are all dead.'