The Letter, The Belief and The Station

-CHAPTER THREE-

The Letter, The Belief and The Station

A week and a half later, Albus had almost forgotten about the two boys from the park. He and his family had left London and were now living in the house they always lived in: Potter Mansion. Albus, Rose, Lily, Hugo and another friend (Neville Longbottom's son) Max, were all playing around in Albus's room that day. Albus's trunk was packed and was locked up, ready for September the 1st. Max and Albus were bouncing on Albus's bed, throwing Cockroach Clusters all over the place and trying to catch Bertie Botts' Every-Flavoured Beans with their teeth. Rose was studying and flicking through Hogwarts, A History while Hugo and Lily discussed what they'd do when they went to Hogwarts in two years. Suddenly, Albus's door banged open. Albus's head jerked up. It was Dimitri.

'You were right!' Dimitri wailed. 'Joseph got his letter last week! I got mine today! This dude came to our house and explained everything! I'm sorry!'

'How did you get here?' Albus stammered.

'I went to that pub and asked the bartender where you were. He told me you were in Potter Mansion and he gave me directions. My Dad drove me.'

'So do you believe us now?' Rose asked coldly.

'Of course I do!' Dimitri cried. 'And so does Joseph! The thing is, my parents are sort of, dazed. I was wondering if you could take me to Diagon Alley?'

'You'll have to ask his father,' Max said, just as cold as Rose had spoken.

'Sure,' Albus said, glaring at them both. 'Come outside. Let me show you something.'

*

'Come on Ted, one of your best spells. Please?'

Nineteen year old Teddy Tonks Lupin sighed at his godbrother's pleading face. 'Oh fine,' he gave in. He took his wand out of his pocket and muttered something under his breath. Only Albus could distinguish his words which were Wingardium Leviosa. The goblet that was on the floor started to hover into the air.

'Oh. My. God,' Dimitri said in a hoarse voice.

'See?' Albus said. 'Magic does exist.'

'I can see that!' Dimitri snapped.

'So you believe me now?'

Dimitri nodded, speechless.

'Good,' Albus grinned. 'Now you can hang out with the crew.'

*

'I won't! I won't be in Slytherin!' Albus growled at James.

'James, give it a rest!' said Ginny.

'I only said he might be,' said James, grinning at Albus. 'There's nothing wrong with that. He might be in Slyth-' But he fell silent at his mother's glare. The five Potters approached the magical barrier. Albus looked around worriedly for Rose and Hugo who were supposed to be coming around the same time. He saw James disappear threw the barrier and he turned to his parents. 'You'll write to me, won't you?" he asked Ginny and Harry.

'Every day, if you want us to,' said Ginny.

'Not every day,' said Albus hurriedly. He didn't want to look like a fool. 'James says most people only get letters from home about once a month.'

'We wrote to James three times a week last year,' said Ginny but Albus wasn't really listening. He was looking out for Scorpius, Joseph and Dimitri as well.

'And you don't want to believe everything he tells you about Hogwarts,' Harry put in. 'He likes a laugh, your brother.'

Albus ran towards the barrier, winced but no collision came. Instead, he and his family emerged on to platform nine and three-quarters which was obscured by thick, white steam that was pouring from the Hogwarts Express. James had disappeared, much to Albus's relief.