Danger and Distractions

-CHAPTER SIX-

Danger and Distractions

'You aren't!' Rose gasped. James grinned proudly. 'We are,' he said. 'Why do you think the dungeons are forbidden? They're hiding the Pathway in there!'

'But they're forbidden anyway, aren't they?' Albus asked. James nodded. 'We're still going. What we need though, is you and your little mates to give us a distraction.'

'No,' Jessica and Rose said in unison. 'Not a chance.'

'Al? Max?' James asked hopefully. Both boys shook their heads.

'Dimitri?' Sean asked as a final resort.

'Nope,' Dimitri said.

James, Sean, Marshall and Jackson sighed. 'Well...I guess I'll have to find someone else to give those 10 galleons to...'

'10 galleons?' Albus yelped, jumping to his feet. 'I'll do it!'

'Albus!' Rose cried.

'What do you think you're doing?' Jessica asked, horrified.

'I'm in,' Max said immediately.

'Me too,' Dimitri added.

Rose furrowed her eyebrows, turned and marched up to the dormitory. Jessica met Albus's eye and shook her head and followed Rose's footsteps. Albus grimaced and looked up at his brother. 'This better be worth it,' he growled.

*

Albus swallowed and nodded at Dimitri.

'Sir!' Dimitri cried, hurrying up to Professor Moore. 'I need help with my homework.'

'I guess I have ten minutes,' Professor Moore shrugged. 'What do you need help with?'

As Dimitri rattled on with an imaginary problem, Albus assigned Max on lookout duty and hurried over to get James.

'Nice, lil bro,' James grinned. '10 galleons coming up.'

'Not so fast,' a voice said. The boys froze. Albus slowly turned around and saw Jessica standing there. 'You'll need my help,' she said. Albus frowned. 'Why would we...'

'Just go!'

'Not saying another word.'

The six of them crept down the dungeons until they found a sealed door.

'Alohamora!' James whispered. Nothing happened.

'They're not going to use that simple spell on protecting something like this!' Jessica hissed. 'They learnt that kids our age are capable of a lot more after your dad came to school.'

'What're you looking for anyway?'

'Not someone else!' Albus groaned, turning around. 'Oh! Joseph! James, can we tell him?'

'No!' James said angrily. 'Joseph! Get back to bed!'

Joseph didn't look hurt, he looked angry. 'Why should I?' he said loudly.

'Shut up!' everyone scolded. Joseph lowered his voice. 'Why should I? You should've done something, Albus! Taken me out of Slytherin!'

Albus's eyes widened. 'Take you out of Slytherin?' he echoed. 'Are you serious? You're that stupid?'

'Albus!' Jessica said, shocked.

'I'm serious!' Albus said, his voice rising. 'You must've been put into Slytherin for a reason! You must be evil somehow! And anyway! What we're doing is none of your business and for your information, once your put into a house, you can't change!'

'Well...I'd rather be with the Slytherins that any of you idiots anyway!' Joseph yelled.

'Keep your voice down!' James, Jessica, Marshall, Sean and Jackson hissed. One moment Albus and Joseph were glaring at each other, the next they were rolling on the floor, fighting.

'Stop it, stop it, stop it!' James moaned. 'You're going to make Professor Moore find us!'

'Let's go!' Sean cried. 'They've sabotaged the whole mission!'

Everyone ran off.

'Come on, Albus!' Jessica said angrily, pulling Albus off the ground and dragging him down the corridor. 'Let's go!'

'What the...?' Dimitri stared at Albus. 'What happened to you?'

'Ran into Joseph,' Albus said grimly and he marched back to the dormitory.