The Halloween Feast

-CHAPTER TEN-

The Halloween Feast

On the day of Halloween, Albus and the others were so nervous they couldn't even concentrate on the Slytherin and Ravenclaw Quidditch match.

'We're facing the winner on Wednesday,' Victoire said through her teeth. 'Grand final.'

'What if they guy's in there, now?' Avery whispered. Albus shook his head. 'He wouldn't be. Since it's only a semi, not everyone will be here. Like Hufflepuff and Gryffindor students who might stay behind to study. The intruder wouldn't risk it. He'll wait till Halloween feast. Everyone will be at the feast so he won't need to worry about getting caught.'

Avery nodded and turned back to the game. Underneath his cloak, Albus clutched his wand nervously. Teddy had taught them loads of spells for battle and dueling but Albus knew from his father's stories that a Death Eater wouldn't stand and duel. He would kill, instantly.

'Stop worrying,' Jessica said, putting a calming hand on Albus's shoulder.

'Easy for you to say!' Max snapped. 'You aced every spell and managed to even beat Teddy in a duel. We're not all as good as you.'

Jessica flushed bright red and stormed off.

'That was mean,' Albus sighed. 'We all have our talents.'

'And I thought dueling would be one of yours!' Scorpius interrupted. 'Considering who your parents are!'

'I'm not my father!' Albus shouted suddenly and fiercely pushed past them back to the castle. He ran up to the Room of Requirement. 'Show me the place where I can find everything out,' he said through heavy breathing. The door appeared and he pushed it open and stepped inside. It was a room with books, parchments, scrolls, pictures and several Pensieves. Albus wiped angry tears from his eyes and kicked a scroll out of the way. He was sick of having so many expectations to live up to. It was like Uncle Ron had said. "It's going to be hard because whenever you do something you don't get any credit for it because someone else in your family's done it first."

He was not Harry. Wasn't that clear to everyone?

'Al?'

Albus looked back. 'Leave me alone.'

Jessica sighed. 'What's wrong, Albus?'

'Everyone thinks I'm my father! They expect me to do as well as he did! Why can't they get in their thick heads that I am Albus Severus Potter! Not Harry James Potter! I will never ever live up to what he did so why does everyone think I'm doing to?' He looked up and gave an irritated growl. 'Why am I telling you all of this? You wouldn't understand.'

'You know,' Jessica said, not meeting his eye. 'I actually kind of do understand.'

Albus looked at her in confusion. 'What are you talking about?'

Jessica suddenly seemed to have realised what she had said. 'Nothing,' she said quickly. 'Hurry up. We probably have to get ready for the feast.'

But Albus's interest had pricked up and he knew Jessica was keeping a secret.

'Tell me, Jess.'

'No.'

'Tell me or I'll hex you.'

'You'll hex me?'

'Fine...I will...get Scorpius to kiss you.'

'No, no, no!' Jessica said, her hands flying up. 'I'll spill all!'

Albus grinned. He made a mental note to remind Rose that she had to kiss Scorpius as the result of the bet. 'Well?'

Jessica took a deep breath. 'I'mnotNeville'ssonI'mactuallyTomRiddle'sbrotherwhowasLiamRiddlewhoabandonedmeatbirthandmymum